Timbaland Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career and Personal Life.
Timbaland Net Worth 2020 – Timothy Zachery Mosley, popularly known as Timbaland, is an American record producer, rapper, singer and songwriter, well known for hits like ‘Give It to Me’, ‘Cry Me a River’, ‘The Way I Are’ and ‘4 Minutes’.
They released their debut album in 1997, followed by his debut solo album ‘Tim’s Bio’.
Forming the record label Mosley Music Group, he became famous as a record producer making a number of hits for artists like Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, Madonna, and many others.
Biography of Timbaland
- Timothy Mosley was born on March 10, 1972, in Norfolk, Virginia, to Latrice and Garland Mosley. His father worked with Amtrak while his mother ran a homeless shelter. He has a younger brother, Sebastian, and a sister, Courtney Rashon, who later became a makeup artist and author. He attended Salem High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- In 1986, when Mosley was 14, he worked at a local restaurant called Red Lobster. There he was accidentally shot by a co-worker, which partially paralyzed him for nine months. During that time, he began to learn how to work as a DJ using his left hand. He was then called DJ Tim or DJ Timmy Tim.
- Around that time, he collaborated with his high school friend and rapper Melvin (Magoo) Barcliff. He also joined a production company called Surrounded by Idiots. Singer and rapper Missy Elliott also started working
He rose to the top of the pop industry in the late ’90s, balancing his hit-making abilities with his outlandish production style.
Timbaland produced a long list of hits, primarily for a select group of artists such as Missy Elliott, Aaliyah, Jay-Z, Ginuwine, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Nas, and Justin Timberlake.
He is known for infusing a sense of individuality and creativity into his productions.
His signature stuttering bass-heavy bounce beats offset resounding high-end synth stabs, often complemented by his own quiet murmuring beneath the track—and no sampling, make his work easily recognizable.
As a result of his exceptional success as a producer, Timbaland eventually established his own record label, Beat Club, and debuted his own stable of artists, such as Bubba Sparxxx and Ms. Jade.
From 1997 through 2003, he released three Timbaland & Magoo albums and the 1998 Tim’s Bio—a solo album.
Released in 2007, Timbaland Presents Shock Value, along with its 2009 sequel, featured a mixture of vocalists, rappers and rock bands, Shock Value scoring a couple of major hits, including Give It to Me, featuring Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake, which reached No. 1 on the Hot 100, while The Way I Are, with Keri Hilson and D.O.E., topped out at the third position.
- In 2008, Timbaland married Monique Idlett and they have a daughter. While Idlett filed for divorce in 2013, they reconciled eventually.
- He built a 5,000 square foot studio in Virginia Beach, where he does his production work. He is very serious about his bodybuilding regime and follows a strict diet and training program.
- In 2007, he teamed up with Rockstar Games to work on their Beaterator, a music mixing game.
- He organized a fund-raising event in Miami for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2007. He openly supported her throughout the campaign.
In January 2007, it was reported in the media that he had plagiarized several elements in the song ‘Do It’ on the album ‘Loose’ by Nelly Furtado. He was once again in a legal battle over the copyright issues of the song ‘Throw It on Me’ from his album ‘Shock Value’. In January 2014, he was involved in another plagiarism case concerning the track ‘Versus’ by Jay-Z, which was produced by him.
Timbaland Net Worth
As of August 2020, Timbaland has an estimated net worth of about $100 million. His primary source of income has been his production career. Timberland has produced many records for various artists. The other one is the sales of his albums and those he has created together with Magoo.
They add up to 6 albums. Timbaland also makes money as a DJ. In addition to that, he owns a record label. That explains his current net worth.
Timbaland is an award-winning producer. Besides that, he is a rap artist, DJ and songwriter. He is best known for his excellent production of One in a Million and Ginuwine…the Bachelor. Timbaland has worked with many other artists including Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Chris Browne and Luda Crus among others. He is also a rapper.