Ted Danson Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Ted Danson Net Worth 2020– A drama school graduate and a passionate environmental activist, Ted Danson is an award-winning television and film actor.
Ranked number two on TV guide’s list of top 25 television stars, his claim to fame was his portrayal of ‘Sam Malone’ on the TV sitcom ‘Cheers’; a role that bagged him two Golden Globe Awards.
Ted Danson was born at December 29, 1947, in San Diego, California to Edward Bridge Danson, archaeologist and museum director, and Jess Danson in California, USA.
He attended the Kent School, Connecticut and later attended Stanford University where he developed a passion for drama.
In 1972, he graduated from Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, with a Fine Arts degree in drama.
- In 1975, he began his career on television with the NBC daytime soap opera, ‘Somerset’, where he played the role of a contract player. He also appeared in a number of commercials as ‘Aramis Man’.
- In 1979, he made his debut in films as a cop in the movie ‘The Onion Field’, an American drama film directed by Harold Becker. The following year, he bagged one of his major roles on the NBC sitcom, ‘Cheers’, where he played the part of ‘Sam Malone’, a former basketball player and bartender.
- Till the early 80s, he made a number of guest appearances on shows like ‘Laverne and Shirley’, ‘B.J and the Bear’, ‘Family’, ‘Benson’, ‘Taxi’, ‘Magnum P.I’ and ‘Tucker’s Witch’.
- In 1981, he was cast in the movie ‘Body Heat’, a neo-noir film directed and written by Lawrence Kasdan. He played the role of ‘Peter Lowenstein, a prosecutor.
- In 1996, he starred in the short-lived CBS comedy sitcom ‘Ink’, the show was canceled after one season. The same year he also appeared in ‘Gulliver’s Travels’, a TV show.
- In 1998, he was cast in the title role as ‘John Becker’ in the CBS sitcom ‘Becker’, which ran successfully until 2004.
- In 2005, he starred as ‘Mr. Richard Manson’ in the TV film ‘Knights of the South Bronx’, which earned him immense critical acclaim and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination.
- In 2006, he appeared in the American sit-com, ‘Help Me Help You’, an unsuccessful show that ran for only one season. The following year, he received an Emmy nomination for his role as a corrupt billionaire, ‘Arthur Frobisher’, in the FX Network drama, ‘Damages’.
- In 2011, he appeared in the music video ‘make Some Noise’, by the Beastie Boys. The same year, he also starred in the HBO series, ‘Bored to Death’.
- Currently, he stars in the CBS drama ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’.
In 1985, he received the Golden Globe Award in the category, ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV’ for ‘Something about Amelia’.
In 1990 and 1991, he won the Golden Globe Award for ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a TV-Series – Comedy/Musical’ for ‘Cheers’. He also bagged two Prime Time Emmy Awards, in 1990 and 1993 for ‘Cheers’, in the category, ‘Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series’.
In 1999, he was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard.
Ted Danson Net Worth
Ted Danson is a California-born actor who has a net worth of $60 million dollars.