Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2020, Biography, Education, Career and Awards.
Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2020 – Calvin Broadus, famously known by his stage name ‘Snoop Dogg’, is an American rapper and actor who became one of the best-known figures in gangsta rap during the 1990s.
Although he has received much recognition as a singer, Snoop has also appeared in numerous films and television dramas throughout his career.
Born in the United States, he enjoyed singing and rapping from a young age but was jailed several times as a teenager in cases of drug possession before he decided to pursue a career in hip-hop seriously.
He was born as Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, to Vernall Varnado, a Vietnam veteran, singer, and mail carrier, and his wife, Beverly Broadus.
But Vernall left the family soon after Calvin’s birth and thus Calvin was named after his stepfather, Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr.
From an early age, he had a keen interest in singing, rapping and playing the piano.
In 1989, he graduated from the Long Beach Polytechnic High School.
Shortly after graduating from high school, he was arrested after being found in possession of drugs and was frequently in and out of the prison for the next three years.
During this period, he and his cousins recorded homemade tapes, calling their group ‘213’.
One of his early solo freestyles over En Vogue’s “Hold On” was heard by the influential producer Dr. Dre, who then invited him to an audition.
- At the beginning of his career, Broadus took the stage name Snoop Doggy Dogg and began working with Dr. Dre on Dre’s debut solo album, ‘The Chronic’, which was very well received. Later in 1993, Snoop Dogg released his debut album ‘Doggystyle’ which became quite a success.
- In 1996, his second album, ‘Tha Doggfather’, was released and although the album met with positive acclaim, it was not as successful as its predecessor.
- In 1998, he signed with Master P’s No Limit Records and debuted on the label with ‘Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told’. In the following years, his other albums titled ‘No Limit Top Dogg’ (1999) and ‘Tha Last Meal’ (2000) were released.
- In 2002, he released the album ‘Paid tha Cost to Be da Bo$$’ which featured the hit singles “From tha Chuuuch to da Palace” and “Beautiful”.
- In 2004, his album‘R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece’ was released which featured the single “Drop It Like It’s Hot”. The same year, another album ‘The Hard Way’, which included the single “Groupie Luv” was also released.
- His 2006 album titled ‘Tha Blue Carpet Treatment’ and its second single “That’s That Shit” was well-received by critics. He released several albums in the following years such as ‘Ego Trippin’ (2008), ‘Malice n Wonderland’ (2009), and ‘Doggumentary’ (2011).
- In 2012, he adopted a new stage name, Snoop Lion. In March 2013, his documentary titled ‘Reincarnated’ was released and the following month, his new studio album of the same name was released.
- He has appeared in a starring role in movies such as ‘The Wash’ (2001) and ‘Bones’ (2001) and ‘Mac and Devin Go to High School’ (2012). He also had various supporting and cameo roles in several films including ‘Half Baked’ (1998), ‘Training Day’ (2001), ‘Starsky & Hutch’ (2004), and ‘Brüno’ (2009).
- He has also appeared in several television programs such as the sketch comedy show ‘Doggy Fizzle Televizzle’, and reality show ‘Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood’.
In 1994, he received the Billboard Music Award in three categories; ‘Top Billboard 200 Album Artist – Male’, ‘Top R&B Album Artist’, and ‘Top R&B Album Artist – Male’.
In 1994, he won the MTV Video Music Awards in the category ‘Best Rap Video’ for the song ‘Doggy Dogg World’.
In 1995, he won the American Music Award for the ‘Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist’.
In 2005, he was given the ‘International Dance Music Award’ in the ‘Best Rap/Hip-Hop Dance Track’ category for his song ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’.
He has also won several other awards including the ‘MOBO Award’, ‘Source Award’, ‘Stony Award’, and ‘Urban Fashion Award’.
Snoop Dogg Net Worth
Snoop Dogg is a West Coast-based rapper, actor, and media mogul who has a net worth of $135 million.