Shaquille O’ Neal Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Shaquille O’ Neal Net Worth 2020 – Shaquille O’ Neal, also known by his nickname Shaq, is a former American basketball player, as well as a former rapper.
Being more than 7 feet in height, and weighing almost 150 kg, he was one of the heaviest NBA players ever.
After being drafted into the NBA while he was in his early twenties, he soon became one of the most dominant players in the history of the NBA and helped his teams earn not just NBA Championships but also the Olympic Gold.
Shaquille O’ Neal was born on 6 March 1972 in Newark, New Jersey, in the United States to Lucille O’Neal and Joe Toney.
Since his father Toney got arrested due to drug possession when Shaquille was still an infant, he relinquished his parental rights to O’Neal’s stepfather, Phillip A Harrison, who was a sergeant in the Army.
He completed his graduation from Robert G. Cole High School in San Antonio Texas, after which he went to Louisiana State University to study business.
During his university years, his basketball skills earned him the name of ‘College Player of the Year’. He dropped out in the year 1992, in order to pursue his career in the NBA.
- Shaquille O’ Neal was picked by the team Orlando Magic during the 1992 NBA draft. Within the first week itself, his skills earned him the title ‘Player of the Week’, making him the first player to achieve this honor within a week of his debut. He played brilliantly during the season with an average of 23.4 points on 56.2% shooting, along with 13.9 rebounds, and 3.5 blocks per game. Later, he was also named the ‘1993 NBA Rookie of the Year’.
- He played brilliantly over the ensuing years and in 1996, he was selected for the Olympics to play for the country as a part of the United States Olympic basketball team. The tournament, which was held in Atlanta, Georgia, proved to be one of the toughest and biggest challenges in his entire career. His amazing skills led his team to win the gold medal.
- In 2006, he helped Miami Heat capture the NBA championship, which also marked the fourth championship win of O’Neal’s career.
- From February 2008, O’Neal began playing for the Phoenix Suns. However, in his initial games with the team, they mostly suffered loses, for which O’Neal took the blame, saying he wasn’t in tune with the other players.
- Later in June 2009, he joined the Cleveland Cavaliers and played for them in the 2009-2010 season. During this season, he also became the oldest NBA player in the history of the sport. By now, his significance as a player had also reduced considerably.
- On 1 June 2011, after playing for a period of nineteen years, O’Neal announced his retirement through social media. Two days later, to officially announce his retirement, he also held a press conference at his home in Orlando.
Shaquille O’Neal’s amazing skills in basketball have earned him numerous awards, such as the FIBA World Championship MVP (1994), USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (1994), and NBA Most Valuable Player (2000).
Shaquille O’Neal Net Worth
Shaquille O’Neal is a retired American basketball player, entrepreneur, and television host who has a net worth of $400 million.
Even though he has been retired for many years, Shaq still earns around $60 million per year from endorsements and various business endeavors.