Russell Peters Net Worth 2020, Biography, Awards, and Instagram.
Russell Peters Net Worth 2020 – Russell Dominic Peters is a hugely popular comedian from Canada who is counted as one of the highest-paid comedians in the world.
He is popular all around the world, often performing in sold-out stadiums across international venues.
Russell Peters was born in Toronto, Canada on 29th September 1970 to Eric Peters, a federal meat inspector, and Maureen Peters.
He is of Anglo-Indian descent. His family shifted to Brampton when he was four years old. He has an older brother named Clayton Peters who is his manager.
- Russell Peters started his career at a young age in 1989 performing comedy shows in Toronto. He is deeply influenced by George Carlin, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, and Don Rickles. He got the chance to meet Carlin in 1992.
- The senior comedian advised him to use the stage as much as possible; something that Peters took very seriously, becoming hugely successful eventually. He hosted one of the last shows of Carlin before he died in 2008.
- Peters appeared on CBC’s comedy show ‘Comics!’ which drew much popularity as well as criticism. Even though the show was severely criticized as low by ‘Eye Weekly,’ he was nominated for a ‘Gemini Award’ for his performance.
- In 2004, he performed in the Canadian TV show ‘Comedy Now!’ The entire show and several of its separate segments were uploaded onto YouTube, where they instantly went viral marking his career graph upwards. In 2006, he also played the role of an anchor in the Canada Day Comedy Festival and in the fall of the same year, acted in the CBC Radio One’s comedy show called ‘Monsoon House’.
- In 2006, he gave back to back sold-out performances at the Beacon Theatre in New York. He recorded an album of his first feature-length performance called ‘Outsourced’, which was telecast on the Comedy Central channel on 26th August 2006. Its uncensored DVD version sold over 100,000 copies and it was on the national DVD chart for more than one and a half years.
- In 2007, he performed across venues in Iraq, Greenland, Germany, and Africa for the non-profit organization ‘United Service Organizations Inc. (USO) along with singers Wilmer Valderrama and Mayra Veronica.
- The same year he also performed at the Air Canada Centre, becoming the first comedian to have a sold-out performance. For the single show, more than 16,000 tickets were sold in two days. He hosted Juno awards in 2008 and 2009 winning a Gemini award for the former.
- Russell performed at the largest stand-up comedy show in Australia ever on 15th May 2010 in front of 13,880 people.
- He also performed in front of a record number of crowds at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on 5th and 6th May in 2012.
He dated Bollywood actress Sunny Leone in 2008.
On 10th July 2010, he proposed to his girlfriend Monica Diaz at Los Angeles International Airport and they got married on 20th August the same year.
On 14th December 2010, his daughter Crystianna Marie Peters was born. He divorced his wife in 2012. He is engaged to Ruzanna Khetchian.
In 2007, he won the ‘Dave Broadfoot Award’ and in 2008 the ‘Live/Best Stand-Up – Large Venue’ at the Canadian Comedy Awards.
He won an ‘NAACP Image Award’ in 2011.
He was presented with the ‘Trailblazer Award’ in 2013 by the ‘Associations of South Asians in Media, Marketing and Entertainment’ for his contributions in the field of entertainment and comedy.
Get to know more about Russell Peters on Instagram@russellpeters.
As of 2020, Russell’s total net worth is estimated to be $60 million. He has earned this huge net worth from his career as a stand-up comedian and actor.
Russell has also received multiple awards, which have contributed a huge sum to this net worth. In stand-up comedy, Russell Peters is one of the most controversial artists.
In his acts, Russell relies heavily on racial, ethnic, and other stereotypes in the production of his content, a fact that has seen him being labeled as being a racist. In 2013 there were rumors of unfriendliness between Russell Peters and fellow comedian Aziz Ansari.
Want to say something about Russell Peters’s net worth? Leave your comments below.