Rick Warren Net Worth 2020, Biography, Education, Career, and Awards.
Rick Warren Net Worth 2020 – One of the most recognized and influential Pastors in the world, Rick Warren is the founder of the Saddleback Church, which is the eighth-largest church in the United States of America.
Regarded by ‘Time Magazine’ as one of the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’, Warren has more than 300 community ministries.
This Evangelical minister is also a successful author, whose works include ‘The Purpose Driven Church’ and ‘The Purpose Driven Life’ which was featured on the New York Times Best Seller list.
Richard Duane Rick Warren was born in San Jose, California to Jimmy Warren, a Baptist minister and Dot Warren, a high school librarian. He grew up in the neighborhood of Ukiah, California.
In 1972, he graduated from the Ukiah High School, where he became the founder of The Fishers of Men Club, a Christian club in the school. He later graduated from California Baptist University with a degree in arts.
In 1979, he graduated from the South-western Baptist Theological Seminary, where he obtained a Master of Divinity degree.
He went on to receive a Doctor of Ministry degree from the Fuller Theological Seminary.
- In 1973, by the time he turned nineteen, he was called to full-time ministry, while he was still a student at California Baptist University. That year, he also drove to San Francisco to hear Pastor W.A. Criswell preaching.
- In 1980, he gave his first public service speech at the Saddleback Church, which he founded at the Laguna Hills High School Theater, California. It was the occasion of an Easter Sunday and the service was attended by 200 people.
- In 1995, he published ‘The Purpose Driven Church’, a book meant for pastors and church authorities. In this book, he highlighted the concept of God’s purpose rather than the ideology of the authorities on ministry.
- In 2002, he came out with his book, ‘The Purpose Driven Life’, which was a devotional book, published by the Zondervan Christian media and publishing company.
- In 2006, he spoke at the TED global set of conferences and that year his church (the Saddleback Church) hosted the Global Summit on AIDS, which was attended by Barack Obama.
- In August 2008, he hosted the Civil Forum on the Presidency, a session of back-to-back interviews of presidential candidates, Barack Obama and John McCain.
- In 2009, he collaborated with the Readers Digest Association in order to launch the Purpose Driven Connection, a publication that was made available quarterly.
- In 2010, he was one of the speakers at Calvinistic Baptist Christian preacher and author, John Stephen Piper’s ‘Desiring God’ conference that was held at Minneapolis, MN.
- From 2005 to 2006 he was one of the elected members of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- In 2005, the U.S. News and World Report named him as ‘one of America’s Top 25 Leaders’.
- He was featured on Time Magazine’s list of ‘15 World Leaders Who Mattered Most in 2004’.
- In 2006, he was listed by Newsweek as one of the ‘15 People Who Make America Great’.
Rick Warren Net Worth
Rick Warren is an American author and evangelical Christian pastor who has a net worth of $25 million dollars