Paul Simon Net Worth 2021, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Paul Simon Net Worth 2021: Paul Simon estimated Net Worth 2021, Early Life, Body Measurement, Achievement, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many other important information have been provided on this page. Scroll below to see more information about Paul Simon.
Paul Simon is one of the most successful and respected songwriters of the rock era.
He rose to fame in the mid-60s with most of his songs being sensible and melodious. He is best known for his works that were produced after him joining hands with Art Garfunkel.
The duo, which would go on to become famous, was formed in the year 1964. Some of their collaborative works include ‘The Sound of Silence’, ‘Mrs. Robinson’ and ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’.
Paul Simon was born in Newark, New Jersey, the USA on October 13, 1941. He was the firstborn child of his parents and has a younger brother, Eddie.
While his father Louis Simon was an educator, his mother Belle Simon taught English at an elementary school. When Simon was a few months old, they moved to Flushing, Queens in New York.
Right from his childhood, Simon had a passion for baseball, jazz and folk music. His parents played a key role in him developing a passion for music.
He also had a great spiritual influence from his mother who brought him up in accordance with the Jewish custom and heritage.
When Simon was 11 years old, he met Art Garfunkel, and the two soon became friends and later discovered that they shared a common interest –music.
They both formed a harmony duo, much like their favorite duo, The Everly Brothers. They then made their stage debut at a junior-high-school talent show.
They both were enrolled at Forest Hills High School and spent their time together, composing music.
In 1955, the duo wrote a song together, ‘The Girl for Me’, which became their first copyrighted song.
Simon graduated in 1963 with a major in English Literature. He later joined Brooklyn Law School but dropped out after some time.
He then once again started focusing on his passion which was music.
- Simon’s career in music took off at a tender age of eleven when he performed along with Garfunkel for an ‘Alice in Wonderland’ production. From then on they started performing as a rock duo under the name, ‘Tom and Jerry’.
- Some of the initial hits of the duo include ‘Our Song’ and ‘That’s My Story’. In 1964, the duo impressed the executive of Columbia Records, Clive Davis, who immediately signed them for an album.
- Columbia Records registered the duo by their real name and released their first long play, ‘Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M’. Unfortunately, the album did not perform well on the music charts.
- Simon & Garfunkel gave their fans their last album, ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ in 1970. With its innovative style of composition, the album peaked at music charts. The title song became the cultural anthem for the youth.
- Simon-Garfunkel duo parted ways and moved on to build their respective career in different fields. Simon stuck to his music career and began working to impart new dimensions to rock music.
- In 1972, Simon recorded a self-titled solo album that included songs like ‘Mother and Child Reunion’ and ‘Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard’. The tracks gave birth to a new style of music which was quite distinct from his previous works and earned rave reviews from the initially skeptical critics.
- In 1980, Simon stepped into the field of filmmaking. Inspired by the appearance of Woody Allen in the film ‘Annie Hall’, Simon wrote and starred in his movie, ‘One-Trick Pony’. He also recorded a soundtrack for the film. The movie tanked at the box office, but the soundtrack yielded the hit single, ‘Late in the Evening’.
- In 1981, he reunited with Garfunkel for a free concert in New York’s Central Park. The concert album was released in 1982 and was so successful that the duo decided to record another album together. The plan brought up old scars and led to many years of estrangement.
- The album ‘Hearts and Bones’ would have marked their reunion but eventually became Simon’s solo album. Despite having some melodious tracks, the album was a commercial flop.
- Simon’s career was revitalized with the Grammy-nominated studio albums, ‘You’re the One’ (2000), ‘Surprise’ (2006) and ‘So Beautiful or So What’ (2011). Also, all of these were a commercial success.
- He also had a long-time association with the TV show ‘Saturday Night Live’. He has so far appeared on the show for about 15 times.
Grammy (1968) – Simon & Garfunkel were felicitated with two of this prestigious award for the track ‘Mrs. Robinson’, under the categories Best Contemporary Vocal Duo and Record of the year.
Grammy (1968) – This Grammy was awarded for the film, ‘The Graduate’, under the category Best Original Score Written for Motion Picture.
Grammy (1970) – The duo received five Grammys for the LP ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’.
The awards were won under the categories, Best Contemporary Song, Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Album of the Year.
Grammy (1975) – Simon was awarded three of the award for the LP ‘Still Crazy After All These Years’ under the categories, Best Pop Vocal Male and Album of the Year.
Grammy (1986) – Simon won two Grammy awards for the LP ‘Graceland’ under the categories, Artist & Album of the Year.
Grammy Hall of Fame (1998) – Simon was bestowed with the highest honor in the field of music for his contributions.
Paul Simon Net Worth
Аѕ оf January 2021, Раul Ѕіmоn hаѕ аn еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth оf mоrе thаn $80 mіllіоn.
Тhіѕ fоrtunе соmеѕ frоm thе ѕаlе оf hіѕ аlbumѕ, whісh hаѕ bееn сеrtіfіеd рlаtіnum оn mаnу оссаѕіоnѕ. Не hаѕ аlѕо wоrkеd fоr vаrіоuѕ brоаdwауѕ аnd hаѕ wrіttеn mаnу ѕоngѕ іn hіѕ саrееr.
Раul Ѕіmоn іѕ соnѕіdеrеd оnе оf thе mоѕt рорulаr muѕісіаnѕ іn thе wоrld. Не hаѕ rеlеаѕеd mаnу аlbumѕ аnd ѕіnglеѕ іn hіѕ саrееr.
Не hаѕ реnnеd mаnу Nо. 1 hіt ѕіnglеѕ аnd hаѕ аlѕо арреаrеd аѕ а fеаturеd аrtіѕt fоr mаnу ѕіngеrѕ. Ѕіmоn hаѕ rесеіvеd mаnу hоnоrѕ аnd wаѕ іnduсtеd іntо thе Rосk аnd Rоll Наll оf Fаmе іn 2001.
Follow him on Instagram@paulsimono
Want to say something about his net worth? Leave your comments below.