Oj Simpson Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Marital Life.
Oj Simpson Net Worth 2020 – Orenthal James Simpson is a former American football player, commentator, and actor.
Often referred to as ‘the Juice’, his sensational and record-breaking career in football led him to numerous other opportunities which became an inspiration for many others.
Professionally he played as a running back for eleven seasons with the ‘Buffalo Bills’ in the ‘National Football League’ (NFL). He holds the record of being the first player to cover over 2000 yards in a season.
Oj Simpson Net Worth
Nicole Brown Simpson was an American celebrity who had a net worth of $3 million.
Biography of Oj Simpson Net Worth
O.J. Simpson was born on July 9, 1947, in Potrero Hill, California, in the family of Eunice and Jimmy Lee Simpson. His father was a chef and bank custodian and his mother was a hospital administrator.
Soon after his birth he developed rickets and had to wear braces on his legs till he was five. In 1952, his father left the family when he was still very young and his mother had to take responsibility for raising the four children.
He joined the ‘Persian Warriors’, a street gang in his early teens and was confined at the ‘San Francisco Youth Guidance Center’ for a short while.
He played football for his team the ‘Galileo Lions’ at the ‘Galileo High School’ (now known as ‘Galileo Academy of Science and Technology’) in San Francisco.
He attended the ‘City College of San Francisco’ from 1965 to 1966 and played in both offense and defense. He was inducted as a running back in the ‘Junior College All-American Team’.
- His professional career in football started after he joined the ‘Buffalo Bills’ in 1969. The Sport magazine named him ‘Man of the Year’.
- He made a successful endeavor in films while continuing with his professional football. Some of his films of the 1970s include ‘The Towering Inferno’ (1974), ‘The Klansman’ (1974) and ‘Capricorn One’ (1978).
- From 1978 to 1979, he played for the ‘San Francisco 49ers’ after being traded by the ‘Buffalo Bills’. He was the highest-paid footballer of ‘NFL’ fetching a salary of $806,688 when he retired in 1979 due to a damaged knee.
- In 1979, he launched his production company ‘Orenthal Productions’ which mostly created television-based projects. His acting career continued with films like ‘Back to the Beach’ (1987) and the trilogy of ‘The Naked Gun’ (1988, 1991 and 1994).
- He served as a commentator of ‘The NFL on NBC’ and ‘Monday Night Football’. He appeared in the ‘Saturday Night Live’ as an audience member in its second season and hosted one episode in the third season.
- He endorsed many brands and products like ‘Pioneer Chicken’, ‘Hertz’ rental car company, ‘pX Corporation’ and ‘HoneyBaked Ham’ including a $250,000 deal of three years with Chevrolet.
- He tried to register ‘The Juice’, ‘O.J.’ and ‘O.J. Simpson’ as trademarks for a wide range of goods during the 90s. Later in 2000, he gave in after William B. Ritchie opposed his move.
- He was arrested in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in February 2001 following a traffic dispute but was released of the charges in October 2001 after trial.
- On December 4, 2001, the FBI searched his Miami house suspecting possession of drugs and money laundering. Though no illegal drugs were found, the investigators discovered equipment that can be used to steal satellite television programming and were sued in federal court for such action.
- He was again arrested in Miami-Dade County on July 4, 2002, on charges of speeding infraction through a manatee protection zone. Though the charge was dropped, he had to pay fines for the offense.
- In September 2007, he was arrested in Las Vegas with several charges including kidnapping, criminal conspiracy, assault, and armed robbery and after trial on December 5, 2008, he was sentenced for 33 years of imprisonment. The judgment includes a no-parole condition for a minimum of 9 years. Presently he is imprisoned in the ‘Lovelock Correctional Center’.
- O.J. Simpson married Marguerite L. Whitley on June 24, 1967. The couple had three children Arnelle L. Simpson, Jason L. Simpson, and Aaren Lashone Simpson.
- In 1977 he met Nicole Brown, a waitress at a night club and started dating her while he was still married to Marguerite L. Whitley.
- O.J. Simpson’s marriage with Marguerite culminated in divorce in March 1979.
- On February 2, 1985, he married Nicole Brown. They had two children, Sydney Brooke Simpson, and Justin Ryan Simpson.
- On February 25, 1992, Nicole Brown filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.