Neymar Biography 2020 – Career, Awards, and Net Worth.
Neymar Biography – Neymar is a Brazilian footballer and one of the world’s leading footballers who play for Paris Saint-German in the French league.
Neymar, like many others in Brazil, started off as a street footballer but his father, who used to be a professional footballer, helped him in taking the game seriously so that he could become a professional.
Neymar joined the youth ranks at FC Santos when he was only eleven years old and in fact, he was accepted into the youth program at Spanish club Real Madrid but he decided to stay back in Brazil after he was offered higher pay.
What is the Net Worth of Neymar?
Neymar is on a five-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain through June 2022 worth $350 million in salary.
His transfer from Barcelona to PSG stands as the most expensive in the world at $263 million, which the French club paid in full ahead of his signing.
The Brazilian is the second most popular athlete on social media with a combined 244 million followers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Nike’s Jordan Brand signed Neymar as its first soccer ambassador in 2016. In March 2020 its film unit released a movie about his life.
Neymar is a Brazilian football (soccer) player who has a net worth of $185 million dollars
- Neymar da Silva Santos Junior was born on 5 February 1992 in Mogi das Cruze’s municipality in the city of Sao Paolo, Brazil. His father Neymar Santos Senior was a professional footballer and used to be his trainer. His mother’s name is Nadine da Silva.
- During his childhood, Neymar used to be a well-known player of street football as well as futsal and that helped him hone his skills as far as fancy dribbling is concerned. In 2003, Neymar started representing the youth ranks of the team Portuguesa Santista and moved to the city of Sao Vicente.
- Neymar joined the famous Brazilian club FC Santos in 2003 when he was only 11 years old and from then he went from strength to strength as a player. Neymar signed his first senior contract with FC Santos at the age of 17.
Career of Neymar
- In the year 2003, he was offered a contract by Santos FC due to his brilliant performance. In this club, he played very well and met the famous player.
- At the age of just 14, he shifted to Spain to join Real Madril Youth Team.
- On 7th March 2009, he made his professional debut when he was only 17 and scored a goal against Mogi Mirim after a week of his team debut.
- His first season ends with 48 games with 14 goal kicks.
- He appeared in 19 matches with 14 goals following the 2010 Campeonato Paulista. Due to this, he was awarded for best player and the club was also crowned.
- His 2010 season end with 42 goal kicks in 60 matches.
- Neymar came third for the 2010 South American Footballer of the Year in December 2010 which was his great achievement at the age of just 18.
- He also won the 2011 FIFA Puskas Award for scoring a solo goal against Flamengo. He won the 2011 South American Footballer of the Year award for the first time on 31st December 2011.
- Neymar finished the 2012 season, achieving the award of Golden Ball.
- On 19th January 2013, he began 2013 Campeonato Paulista where he netted the goal twice against Sao Bernardo.
- On 3rd June 2013, he signed with Barcelona for 5 year deal with a transfer fee of €57.1 million and join the team after playing in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- He made his first-team debut on the opening of La Liga 2013-2014 season against Levante.
- He scored his first goal on 21st August against Atletico Madrid.
- Because of his mumps, Neymar was expected to miss the 2015 UEFA Super Cup and the 2015 Supercopa de Espana.
- Neymar scored a late goal in Barcelona’s winning score of 2–0 over Sevilla in the 2016 Copa del Rey Final at the Vicente Calderon on 22nd May 2016.
- He was the protagonist of the 6–1 victory over Paris Saint-Germain in the 2016–2017 UEFA Champions League round of 16.
- Later, Neymar joined French club Paris Saint-Germain on a contract which would run until 2022.
International Career of Neymar
- He had represented himself in his national country, Brazil in both senior as well as junior levels in many tournaments.
- Neymar was selected in the Brazil senior team for a friendly match against the United States on 26th July 2010.
- On 10th August, he made his debut with the national team.
- Neymar was the leading goal scorer of the 2011 South American Youth Championship with 9 goals.
- He also took part at the 2011 Copa America in Argentina.
- Neymar was selected for the squad of the Brazil Olympic football team on 11th May 2012.
- He was also selected in Brazil’s Squad for 2013 Confederation Cup.
- Neymar was named to participate with Team Brazil in the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 2nd June.
- His name was also enlisted in 2015 Copa America.
- His name was also enlisted in the squad of Brazil national team in this World cup 2018 Russia. He had played in the World cup 2018. He is the active player in this World cup.
Awards And Achievements.
In 2011, Neymar won the ‘World Soccer Young Player of the Year’ award and in the same year, he won the FIFA Puskas Award for scoring the best goal of the year.
Neymar has been a prodigious talent since he was a teenage star for Santos in Brazil but his greatest achievement as a footballer is the haul of 39 goals in the 2014-15 season at the end of which his club Barcelona won the treble.
He scored 10 goals in the Champions League as well and ended up as the joint top scorer.