Mark Hamill Net Worth 2020, Bio, Height, Weight, Awards, and Instagram.
Mark HamillNet Worth 2020: Mark Hamill estimated Net Worth 2020, Early Life, Body Measurement, Achievement, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many other important information have been provided on this page. Scroll below to see more information about Mark Hamill.
Mark Richard Hamill is an American actor and voice actor who is famous for his portrayal of Luke Skywalker in the famous “Star Wars” movie series.
Born in Oakland, California, Hamill studied at the Los Angeles City College, where he majored in drama.
He was soon cast in the space opera film ‘Star Wars’ which was directed by George Lucas. The film was a huge success commercially and critically.
Biography of Mark Hamill
Mark Richard Hamill was born in Oakland, California on 25th September 1951.
His father William Thomas Hamill worked in the US Navy while his mother Virginia Suzanne (née Johnson) stayed home to raise the children. He has two brothers and four sisters.
While his father has English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish ancestry, his mother was half-Swedish and half-English.
The family moved often, owing to his father’s job, and he studied in various schools in different cities.
He finished his schooling in 1969, after which he studied at Los Angeles City College, where he majored in drama.
His career soon began with a recurring role in the soap opera ‘General Hospital’ followed by the main role in the sitcom ‘The Texas Wheelers’. He played minor roles in many other shows over the next few years.
- In 1980, he reprised his role of Skywalker in the film ‘The Empire Strikes Back’. The film, which was the first sequel to ‘Star Wars,’ was a commercial success. Though it received mixed reviews, it is regarded today as one of the best movies in history. It also won multiple Oscars. He played his role once again in ‘Return of the Jedi,’ the third film of the Star Wars franchise. The film was met with positive reviews.
- In 2012, he appeared in the British horror film ‘Airborne’ which was his second British film since ‘Britannia Hospital’. More recently, he played one of the supporting roles in the action spy comedy film ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’, which performed quite well commercially.
- In 2015, he reprised his role of Luke Skywalker in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. The film grossed more than $2 billion, becoming the highest-grossing film of the year. The film was met with positive reviews.
- After working in movies such as ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ (2016), ‘Brigsby Bear’ (2017) and ‘Bunyan and Babe’ (2017), he again played the role of Skywalker in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’. The film was received positively by the critics and it earned more than a billion dollars, becoming the highest-grossing film of 2017.
- Throughout his career, he has done voice roles in several TV series as well. Some of these are ‘Metalocalypse’, ‘Ultimate Spiderman’ and ‘Trollhunters’. He has also worked in several video games, such as ‘Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger’, ‘Batman: Vengeance’, ‘Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix’, ‘Yakuza’ and ‘Batman: Arkham City’.
Star Wars legend Mark Hamill has been awarded the 2019 Comic-Con icon award.
The 67-year-old actor is held in reverence by millions of fans worldwide, thanks to his portrayal of Luke Skywalker in the much-loved film franchise.
He was honoured during a panel on Friday for being “instrumental in bringing comics and/or the popular arts to a wider audience”.
Fans inside the famous Hall H at the San Diego Convention Centre were told Hamill had enjoyed a “long and dynamic career in so many areas of popular art” and was a “tireless advocate for comic books, animation and movies”.
Fans gave Hamill, also known for lending his voice to supervillain the Joker in the Batman cartoons, a standing ovation while he accepted the prize.
He said: “This just seems wildly excessive but it is very much appreciated.”
Addressing the audience, Hamill, who first played rebel hero Luke Skywalker in 1977’s Star Wars, added: “If it wasn’t for you, I certainly wouldn’t be standing here”.
Mark Hamill’s first serious relationship was with actress Anne Wyndham, his co-actor from ‘General Hospital’. However, their relationship eventually ended.
In 1978, Hamill married Marilou York, who works as a dental hygienist. They have three children named Nathan, Griffin, and Chelsea Elizabeth. They also have one grandson form, Nathan.
He is an outspoken member of the Democratic Party. He called Mitt Romney a “snake oil salesman” before the 2012 presidential elections.
He often criticizes the current US President Donald Trump’s tweets by reading them in his “Joker” voice.
Height and Weight
|Height||5 ft 9″ (175 cm) approximately|
|Weight||175 lbs (80 kg) approximately|
Mark Hamill Net Worth
Аѕ оf very recent update 2020, Маrk Наmіll nеt wоrth іѕ $20 mіllіоn. Ніѕ саrееr іn thе еntеrtаіnmеnt іnduѕtrу whісh hаѕ lаѕtеd fоr fіvе dесаdеѕ hаѕ ѕееn hіѕ nеt wоrth fіgurе grоw frоm zеrо tо а ѕіх-dіgіt fіgurе.
Тhоugh hе hаѕ bееn fеаturеd іn mаnу fіlmѕ аnd tеlеvіѕіоn ѕhоwѕ hе hаѕn’t еаrnеd ѕо muсh bесаuѕе hе рlауѕ mіnоr rоlеѕ, but hіѕ nеt wоrth fіgurеѕ wеrе bооѕtеd bу twо mајоr blосkbuѕtеr fіlmѕ thе Ваtmаn аnd Ѕtаr Wаrѕ whеrе hе ѕtrіkеѕ gоld.
Mark Hamill first became internationally famous after playing Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars trilogy.
Follow him on Instagram
Want to say something about his net worth? Leave your comments below.