Manny Pacquiao Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career and Awards.
Manny Pacquiao Net Worth 2020 – Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao, more popularly known as Pac-Man, is a Filipino boxer, media celebrity, and politician. He is the first and the only eight-division boxing champion in the world.
Pacquiao has won 10 world titles in total and is also the first boxer who won lineal championships in four separate categories. His rise from poverty to world-wide fame is a remarkable story.
Pacquiao was born on December 17, 1978, in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines to Rosalio Pacquiao and Dionesia Dapidran-Pacquiao. He was their fourth child.
His parents got divorced when he was in the sixth grade of school.
Manny completed his elementary education at Saavedra Saway Elementary School in General Santos City.
He dropped out of high school due to poverty and left home at the age of 14.
- At the age of 14, Pacquiao moved to Manila where he made to the Philippine national amateur boxing team. He had an amateur record of 64 fights.
- On January 22, 1995, at 16, Pacquiao professionally debuted in a four-round bout in the light flyweight division against Edmund “Enting” Ignacio and won.
- His first major boxing honor came in December 1998, when he won a bout against Chatchai Sasakul of Thailand and took the World Boxing Council (WBC) flyweight title.
- On June 23, 2001, Manny faced Lehlohonolo Lebwaba for the International Boxing Federation (IBF) junior featherweight title and won by a technical knockout. This was his second major boxing title that he defended four times.
- In July 2006, he defended his WBC international title against Oscar Larios and won.
- In June of 2008, Manny fought for the WBC Lightweight title and won it by defeating David Diaz via a ninth round knockout.
- On December 6, 2008, he defeated Oscar De La Hoya, the six-division world champion in the welterweight division.
- In May 2009, he defeated Ricky Hatton and won the The Ring’s junior welterweight title.
- On November 14, 2009, in a fight termed ‘Firepower’, Pacquiao defeated Miguel Cotto via technical knockout in the twelfth round at the MGM Grand Las Vegas and won the WBO Welterweight title.
- On June 9, 2012, Manny Pacquiao faced Timothy Bradley in a 12-round fight for defending the WBO Welterweight title. Bradley won a controversial decision.
- The duo faced each other again on April 12, 2014 at the Grand Garden Arena in Nevada. This time Pacquiao won and re-established himself as a really strong fighter.
- Pacquiao’s successful foray into politics happened On May 13, 2010, with him being proclaimed congressman of the district of Sarangani. In the 2013 elections, he ran unopposed for his second stint as a congressman.
Winning the Lineal and The Ring Featherweight championship, he became the first Asian and Filipino to be a three-division world champion.
Manny Piquaio also became the first Filipino and Asian to become a five-division world champion and the first Filipino boxer to win a world title in the lightweight division.
On December 22, 2008, he was awarded the Philippine Legion of Honor with the rank of Officer “for winning four world titles in different weight divisions and for being the best fighter in the world in his time.”
On November 20, 2009, President Macapagal-Arroyo conferred upon Pacquiao the Order of Sikatuna with the rank of Datu with Gold distinction for winning his seventh weight division world title.
He was named ‘Fighter of the decade’ (2000s) by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA), World Boxing Council (WBC), and World Boxing Organization (WBO).
Manny Paquaio has received several awards and the most noted are the ‘Best Fighter ESPY Award’ (2009 & 2011), the ‘PSA Sportsman of the Year’ (2000-2009), ‘WBO Fighter of the Year’ (2010), ‘ESPN Fighter of the Year’ (2006, 2008 & 2009) and ‘The Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year’ (2006, 2008 & 2009).
The 2009 and 2015 issues of the ‘Forbes’ magazine recognized Pacquiao as the ‘World’s Highest-Paid Athlete’ (ranked 6th and 2nd) and he was also listed among the 100 most influential people in the ‘TIME’ (2009).
Manny Pacquiao Net Worth
Manny Pacquiao Filipino boxer, actor, singer, endorser and politician who has a net worth of $220 million.