Lil Uzi Vert Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Relationship
Lil Uzi Vert Net Worth 2020 – Young or old, you’re probably familiar with the name – Lil Uzi Vert.
On the off chance, you may not be familiar with the artist, there is a high possibility that you might have still heard his song on the radio.
Since his big debut on to the music scene, he has been referred to as someone to keep an eye on.
Lil Uzi Vert (real name: Symere Woods) was born on the 31st of July, 1994. He grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
He has said that when he was younger, a high school friend of his – William Aston, introduced him to rapping when he heard him freestyling. He approached Aston and the friend encouraged him to give it a try.
He adopted the name ‘Lil Uzi Vert’ when a friend compared his rapping style to that of a machine gun. An uzi is an Israeli open-bolt, blowback-operated submachine gun.
He was discovered by Don Cannon – a producer and DJ – who heard his song on the radio. Don Cannon then told DJ Drama about him and they signed the Philadelphia native to their record label – Generation Now.
The rapper has frequently expressed that he is only involved in rapping as a source of income, stating that he has no real passion for it.
Some records have him stating that he actually hates rapping. He has a tattoo on his forehead which he got as a way to focus on his rap career, knowing that he couldn’t go for any job interview with a face tattoo.
- Listening to Marilyn Manson and Kanye 808, Lil Uzi Vert always had a connection with rapping. He found this form of music close to his heart and was jealous of all the attention his friend, Marilyn Manson, was getting and that is why he began rapping.
- His career kickstarted when he made his debut on some DJ Diamond Kuts tracks. His ‘Dej Loaf’, a dedication to Detriot vocalist caught the attention of Don Cannon who along with DJ Drama and Leighton Morrison roped in a record deal for Uzi under Generations Now and Atlantic Records.
- Uzi gained attention after being featured on Carnage’s single ‘WDYW’ with ASAP Ferg and Rich The Kid’, in 2015. By December, he came up with his first commercial and third overall mixtape ‘Luv Is Rage’.
- He soon followed it with ‘Lil Uzi vs The World’ mixtape in early 2016. This particular mixtape featured beats from Metro Boomin and Maaly Raw. Furthermore, two of its tracks ‘You Was Right’ and ‘Money Longer’ reached the Billboard Hot 100, with the latter becoming a gold-certified number! The album even made it to the Billboard 200 Top 50.
- Following the success of his fourth mixtape, he came up with his fifth mixtape ‘The Perfect Luv Tape’. The mixtape peaked at number 55 on the charts.
- Towards the end of 2016, he collaborated with Migos to come up with the viral hit ‘Bad & Boujee’. The single reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 in January 2017, thereby becoming Uzi’s first number-one single as a featured artist. It also became his highest-charting single.
- His upcoming projects include a sequel to his first popular mixtape ‘Luv is Rage 2’.
A few facts about the young man’s private life are known; he is more concentrated on his career now.
The rapper has no wife or children; however, in 2014, the media used to spread rumors about his possible romance with the model Brittany Byrd. The woman was significant for the musician until 2017.
Lil Uzi Vert Net Worth
Lil Uzi Vert currently has a net worth of $7 Million which is a good start in the music industry.