Kit Harington Net Worth 2020, Biography, Education, and Career.
Kit Harington Net Worth 2020 – Kit Harington is an English actor who is best known for portraying the role of ‘Jon Snow’ in the ‘HBO’ series ‘Game of Thrones.’ At the age of 14, he watched a theatrical production of the famous play ‘Waiting for Godot,’ and that sparked his interest in acting.
Soon, he decided to pursue acting as a career option. Following his high-school graduation, Kit took professional training from the ‘Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.’ After graduating from the drama school, he began participating in theater.
Kit Harington Net Worth
Kit Harington is an English actor who has a net worth of $12 million.
Kit Harington was born on 26 December 1986, in London, England, UK. His nationality is British and he is of English, Scottish, Northern Irish, Welsh, and Dutch ethnicity.
His birth name is Christopher Catesby Harington. He is the son of Deborah Jane and Sir David Richard Harington. His mother is a former playwright and his father is a businessman.
Kit attended the Southfield Primary School from 1992 to 1998. When he was 11, his family moved to Worcestershire, where he studied at the Chantry High School in Martley until 2003.
Kit became interested in acting after watching a production of Waiting for Godot when he was fourteen years old. Harington performed in several school productions.
He attended Worcester Sixth Form College in 2003, where he studied Drama and Theatre. He graduated from there in 2005. After that, he attended the Central School of Speech and Drama and graduated in 2008. Before acting, Harington originally wanted to become a journalist.
- The kit was one of those lucky young actors whose struggle period did not last too long. He started acting in professional theatrical productions as soon as he graduated from acting school. One of his earliest plays was ‘Posh,’ organized by the ‘Royal Court Theatre.’ Prior to that, while still in acting school, he had played the main role in the play ‘War Horse.’ His performance in the play earned him two ‘Olivier Awards.’
- Still, a fresher when it came to screen acting, he auditioned for a role in the ‘HBO’ drama ‘Game of Thrones.’ Hundreds of other actors from all over the country auditioned for the role, but Kit earned it eventually. His debut role itself was a career-defining journey.
- The series premiered on ‘HBO’ in 2011 and featured Kit as ‘Jon Snow,’ the illegitimate son of the show’s main character, ‘Ned Stark.’ Kit’s character went through several changes over the course of the series. While ‘Jon’ was portrayed as a naive but brave young boy initially, he eventually turned into a solid battle commander.
- By the time the third season premiered, ‘Jon’ had become a fan favorite. Kit’s consistently good performance in the series made him an international star. The kit has also won several awards over the years for his portrayal of ‘Jon Snow.’
- While enjoying his massive international success, Kit was showered with many acting offers. In 2012, he made his big-screen debut with a supernatural horror film titled ‘Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.’ He played ‘Vincent,’ a lead role in the film. The film, however, was a commercial and critical disaster.
- Following the debacle of his debut film, Kit took a year-long break and concentrated on his portrayal of ‘Jon Snow’ in ‘Game of Thrones.’ 2014 was a major year for Kit, as he appeared in four films that year.
- His first film of 2014 was a historical disaster titled ‘Pompeii.’ He played a leading role in the film. While the film received a few good reviews, many critics panned the film due to its historical inaccuracies and shoddy visual effects.
- Kit then voiced the character of ‘Eret’ in the animated film ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2.’ The movie was a critical and commercial success.
- The 2016 Western thriller ‘Brimstone’ featured Kit in the supporting role of ‘Samuel.’ The film was a big commercial and critical success.
- In 2017, Kit worked as an executive producer for the miniseries ‘Gunpowder,’ based on the famous ‘Gunpowder Plot’ that had taken place in London in 1605. The movie featured him as ‘Robert Catesby.’
- In 2018, Kit appeared in the film ‘The Death and Life of John F. Donovan,’ which was severely panned by critics.
- Over the years, Kit has also been actively involved with theater and has appeared in plays such as ‘The Vote,’ ‘Posh,’ and ‘True West.’
- The kit is the face of the fashion brand ‘Jimmy Choo’ and the ‘Dolce & Gabbana’ fragrance ‘The One.’