Khalid Robinson Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career and Awards.
Khalid Robinson Net Worth 2020 – Khalid is an American singer and songwriter, who rose to fame with his debut single ‘Location’ which peaked at No. 16 on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ chart.
Raised by a single mother, who worked in military, he moved from one place to another and often paints painful pictures of teenage loneliness, as well as of love, through his songs.
Khalid Robinson Net Worth
Khalid is very talented, and he is known to have begun his career at a very young age and managed to release many hit songs. He has gone on to make an estimated net worth of $8 million as of November 2020.
A rise of income is expected since he has also worked with some popular artists such as Shawn Mendes, Calvin Haris, Martin Garrux, Logic, and Marshmello. For sure, it’s predictable for a huge increase in net worth.
Khalid is ranked among the rich young artists and can be considered as a very influential person. Considering the various awards he has received as his young age, and we expect a lot from him in the future. With no controversies known against him for sure, he is a very dedicated person in his career.
Khalid Donnel Robinson was born on February 11, 1998 in Fort Stewart, Georgia and was raised by his single mother Linda Wolfe who worked in the military as a supply technician for over 10 years.
Due to her job, they had to move frequently when he was young, and lived in places like Fort Campbell in Kentucky, Fort Drum in Watertown, New York, and in Heidelberg, Germany for six years.
His parents separated when he was very young, and when he was in the second grade, living in Germany with his mother, his father was killed after being hit by a car. His mother later retired from military at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas as a Sergeant First Class.
His mother, who wanted to be an R&B singer back in the 1990s, performed with a U.S. Army band after joining military due to family issues and often practiced duets with him at home.
This paroused his interest in music and prompted him to watch YouTube videos of famous singers like Fleetwood Mac, Adele, Bill Withers, Aaliyah and Father John Misty to learn their style.
After returning from Germany, the family moved to New York where he performed in musicals in school, playing Cornelius in ‘Hello, Dolly’ and Seaweed in ‘Hairspray’. His musical talent earned him popularity, but also made him a target of bullying.
- Some of the early songs that Khalid uploaded on the internet include ‘Saved’ and ‘Stuck On You’. Eager to bring out another song before prom, he managed to contact producer Syk Sense and secured an invitation to work with him in an Atlanta studio.
- He first worked on the song in Atlanta and then back in El Paso, and released ‘Location’, which will eventually became breakthrough single and earned him multiple platinum certification from RIAA. The song finished at No. 20 on the Billboard’s ‘Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay’ chart in 2016 and reached the Top 10 on the ‘Billboard Hot R&B Songs’ chart on January 21, 2017.
- He featured on the single ‘Electric’ by Alina Baraz, released in January 2016. In December that year, he collaborated with Brooklyn-based duo Brasstracks on the track ‘Whirlwind’ from Yours Truly and Adidas Originals Songs from Scratch series, which was played over 700,000 times on SoundCloud.
- In January and February 2017, he went on his debut headlining tour, the ‘Location Tour’, covering 21 cities around the US, as well as Canada and Europe. He sold out all the venues of the 25 tour dates, including El Paso’s 1,500 capacity Tricky Falls.
- After the tour concluded, Khalid released his debut studio album ‘American Teen’ on March 3, 2017. Supported by singles like ‘Location’ and ‘Young Dumb & Broke’, the album debuted at No. 9 on the ‘Billboard 200’ and reached No. 4 in August, and also topped the R&B Albums chart.
- Kendrick Lamar’s promotional song ‘The Heart Part 4’, which was released on March 24, 2017, featured uncredited vocals by him. The following month, he featured alongside Alessia Cara on the single ‘1-800-273-8255’ by Logic, which became his highest charting single, peaking at No. 3 on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’.
- He made his first television appearance on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ on March 15, 2017 and performed the song ‘Location’, backed by ‘The Roots’. One of his songs, ‘Angels’, was featured on the episode ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ of the ABC drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ on April 27, 2017.
- He began his second headlining tour, the 25-city ‘American Teen Tour’, on July 12, 2017. In September that year, he joined Lorde, who heavily influenced him, to serve as the opening act on her tour around UK.
- His latest single, ‘Love Lies’, which he recorded with Normani Kordei of Fifth Harmony for the soundtrack of the upcoming drama film ‘Love, Simon’, is scheduled to release on March 16, 2018.
In July 2016, Khalid reached No. 2 on the ‘Billboard Twitter Emerging Artists’ chart and was named among top 10 new artists to watch in 2017 by several publications including ‘Billboard’, Yahoo and ‘Rolling Stone’.
In 2017, he was named the ‘Best New Artist’ at the ‘MTV Video Music Awards’ and also won the ‘Woodie To Watch’ honor at the ‘Woodie Awards’. That year, he was nominated for several other awards such as the ‘BET Awards’, ‘Teen Choice Awards’, ‘American Music Awards’ and ‘Soul Train Music Awards’.
He was nominated for a number of awards at the 2018 ‘Grammy Award’ ceremony. He was nominated for ‘Best New Artist’, his debut album was nominated for ‘Best Urban Contemporary Album’, and the single ‘Location’ was nominated for ‘Best R&B Song’.