Katy Perry Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, Award, and Relationship
Katy Perry Net Worth 2020– Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson known as Katy Perry is the American singer performing her own songs for the most part. The hit song “I Kissed a Girl” made her famous all over the globe.
The singer has been nominated for the Grammy Award 13 times. She is at the peak of her popularity now, she is one of the three richest musicians.
Net Worth of Katy Perry
She was ranked twice in the ‘Forbes’ list of ‘Top-Earning Women In Music’ and as of 2019, Katy Perry net worth is estimated to be around $350 million.
Katy Perry (earlier known as Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson) was born to Maurice Keith Hudson and Mary Christine Perry on 25th October 1984, in Santa Barbara, California. She has two siblings, an elder sister, and a younger brother.
She received elementary education from institutions such as ‘Paradise Valley Christian School’ and ‘Santa Barbara Christian School’.
She and her siblings were brought up in a conservative manner with many restrictions. In her house, only gospel music was allowed so she had to secretly listen to other sorts of music which her friends provided her with.
She completed her General Education Development (GED) requisites from the ‘Dos Pueblos High School’ when she was fifteen years old.
Then to follow a career in music she joined the ‘Music Academy of the West’ where she leaned Italian Opera.
She was taken to the place called Nashville in Tennessee by rock musicians Jennifer Knapp and Steve Thomas who recognized her talent as a singer. There she was trained in songwriting and play guitar.
- Her first music album was launched in the year 2001, which was a gospel music record named after the singer as ‘Katy Hudson’. This was launched under the label of music record label ‘Red Hill Records’. However, the album was not a successful one.
- Eventually, she shifted from gospel music to popular music and wrote songs in association with American songwriter Basil Glen Ballard, Jr. At the age of seventeen, she traveled to Los Angeles, but initially, she could get a break. She recorded a few songs with some music labels but the albums were not released due to various reasons.
- In 2005, the film ‘The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants’ included a song sung by Katy Perry. She was also a backing vocalist for the songs ‘Old Habits Die Hard’, ‘Goodbye for Now’. She even featured in the video of the ‘Learn to Fly’ song.
- In 2008, her song ‘I Kissed a Girl’ from the same album hit the music stores and it was received well by the listeners making it top the music charts in many countries. It even topped the ‘U.S. Billboard Hot 100’ list.
- Gradually, other songs of the album were released and all these were highly appreciated by the individuals which made the album a huge success.
- In 2008, she was engaged in the ‘Warped Tour’ and the following year she went on the ‘Hello Katy Tour’. The same year she even performed at the ‘No Doubts Summer Tour’. Also, owing to the success she achieved, the ‘Matrix Record’ released the album which it has dropped a few years back.
- In 2009, her live music album named ‘MTV Unplugged’ was produced which included five singles from the album ‘One of the Boys’ and also had two new songs, and she also featured in the remix of the song ‘Starstruck’ along with the band ‘30H!3’.
- This artist has won many awards which include five ‘American Music Award’, six Billboard Music Award’, six, ‘MTV Europe Music Award’, five ‘MTV Video Music Award’.
- She has created three ‘Guinness World Record’ which are ‘Best Start On the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist’, ‘First Female with Five Number One US singles from One Album’ and ‘Most Twitter Followers’.
Katy Perry used to date Travis McCoy, the lead vocalist of the American group “Gym Class Heroes.” She even appeared in the group’s music video “Cupid’s Chokehold.” At the end of 2008, the star couple split up.
In a while, Katy Perry and the British comedian Russell Brand started seeing each other and announced their engagement on New Year’s Eve 2010.
The couple married on October 23, 2010, in India. However, the marriage did not last long: on December 30, 2011, Perry and Brand filed for divorce. It is interesting that Brand did not claim the share of the spouse’s property, although he had a legal right to do so.
The musician John Mayer was the celebrity’s next boyfriend; the couple lived together for three years.
Since February 2016, the media have been frequently mentioning Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom as a couple. The young people met at the Golden Globe ceremony and appeared together in many places later.