Katie Mcgrath Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, Awards and Personal Quotes
Katie Mcgrath Net Worth 2020– Katie McGrath is an Irish actress best recognized for appearing as Morgana in the BBC series ‘Merlin’, as Sarah Bennett in the horror anthology ‘Slasher’ and as Westenra in the British-American opera ‘Dracula’.
She is also famous for currently portraying the role of Lena Luthor in the superhero program ‘Supergirl’ (2016–present).
Katie McGrath was born on October 24, 1983. Katherine Elizabeth McGrath, known better as Katie McGrath, is a well-known actress of Irish nationality, known best for the portrayal of Lady Morgana Pendragon in the BBC One show named Merlin.
She studied the International Baccalaureate at St. Andrews College before graduating from Trinity College, Dublin with a degree in history. She appeared in the blockbuster movie Jurassic World(2015).
- Katie McGrath began her career as a fashion journalist for ‘Image’ magazine. She then became a wardrobe assistant and worked on the sets of the series ‘The Tudors’. In 2007, she acted in the short film ‘Pebble’ as well as in the TV movie ‘Damage’.
- A year later, she did the television films ‘Eden’ and ‘Freakdog’ and the miniseries ‘The Roaring Twenties’. That year, McGrath also began playing the role of Morgana Pendragon in the series ‘Merlin’.
- Then in 2009, she appeared in an episode of ‘The Queen’. Soon after this, the actress found roles in the TV flick ‘A Princess for Christmas’ and in the movie ‘W.E.’
- She then appeared as Oriane Congost in the miniseries ‘Labyrinth’. McGrath was then cast as Lucy Westenra in the drama ‘Dracula’ in 2013. That year, she also got featured in an episode of ‘Dates’.
Awards & Nominations of all Time
- Nominated for the Virgin Media TV Award in the category of Best Actress, and Hottest Female for her role of Morgana in Merlin, December 2011.
- Won the Virgin Media TV Award in the category of Best Baddy for her role of Morgana in Merlin, December 2011.
- Nominated for the National TV Awards 2012, in the category of Best Drama Performance for her role of Morgana in Merlin.
- Nominated for the 51st Monte Carlo Television Festival in the category of Outstanding Actress/Drama for her role of Morgana in Merlin, Monaco June 2011.
Katie McGrath Personal Quotes
- “I won the lottery because I didn’t know I would love this so much and I’m so lucky to have gotten the chance”. – on unexpectedly having become a successful actress
- “My favorite scenes are always the scenes I do with Colin”. – on her favorite scenes in Merlin, who is a very good friend of her
- “I hadn’t acted much. I’d been in school plays, but I wasn’t a drama-school kid and my family aren’t performers”. – on her acting experience while she was acting for Merlin.
- “I just want to do good work. If it’s shot in Hungary, if it’s shot in Russia, if it’s shot in America, if it’s shot in England, you just want to do something you can stand up and say I’m proud of it”. – on her successful career and professional ambitions.
- “The first thing I ever wanted to be was a backup singer for Guns ‘n’Roses”. She told about her wish once.
“If I leave my hair, I look like Pocahontas, so I’ve been known to use eight different products at once just to make it do anything”. – on her beautiful hair.
Katie McGrath Net Worth
Katie McGrath is an Irish actress and model who has a net worth of $4 million. Kate McGrath was born in Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland in 1983.
She is best known for her role as Morgana in the TV series Merlin. Katie graduated with a history degree from Trinity College, Dublin. She worked at Image magazine and then became a wardrobe assistant on the set of The Tudors.
While working on the set she was advised to try acting. She made her debut in the 2007 TV movie Damage. McGrath starred in the TV mini-series The Roaring Twenties and the film Eden. In 2008 she made an appearance in an episode of The Tudors.
Katie’s best-known roles came as Morgana on the series Merlin from 2008 to 2012, and as Lucy Westenra in the series Dracula from 2013 to 2014.
She has starred in the films Freakdog, W.E., and Leading Lady. She also appeared in episodes of The Queen, Labyrinth, and Dates. McGrath is starred as Beth in the 2015 movie Jurassic World. She won 2nd place at the 2013 SFX Awards, the UK for Best Actress in Merlin.