Jimmy Page Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Jimmy Page Net Worth 2020 – Jimmy Page is an English musician who rose to fame as the guitarist and leader of the rock band Led Zeppelin. Also a talented songwriter and a multi-instrumentalist, he began his career as a studio session musician in London.
As a young boy, he was greatly impressed by Elvis Presley and started playing the guitar at the age of 12. Even though he initially received some lessons, he was largely self-taught.
He was born as James Patrick Page on 9 January 1944 to James Patrick Page Sr. and Patricia Elizabeth Page in Heston, England. His father was an industrial personnel manager and his mother was a doctor’s secretary.
He became interested in music at a young age and took guitar lessons for a short while. He then began playing with the local bands and it did not take him long to realize that he wanted to become a professional musician.
However, an illness made him rethink his future plans and he took a break from music to study at Sutton Art College in Surrey.
He began performing at the Marquee Club while he was still a student. He played with several bands and soon gained a reputation as a popular session guitarist. He then quit school to focus on music.
- He became a much sought after session guitarist during the 1960s and played with many popular bands including The Rolling Stones.
- In the mid-1960s he joined the blues-influenced rock band, Yardbirds. The band though initially successful fizzled out soon and was disbanded in 1968.
- Jimmy Page reconfigured the band in 1968 with a new line-up which included himself, vocalist Robert Plant, drummer John Bonham, and multi-instrumentalist John Paul Jones. The new band was called Led Zeppelin.
- The band released their debut album, ‘Led Zeppelin’ in 1969. It featured a fusion of blues and rock music, and became a commercial success. It had the tracks ‘Good Times Bad Times’, ‘Dazed and Confused’ and ‘Communication Breakdown’ which displayed a rather heavy sound.
- The band became very popular following the release of their debut album prompting the members to release three more albums in quick succession over the next couple of years: ‘ Led Zeppelin II’ (1969), ‘ Led Zeppelin III’ (1970), and ‘ Led Zeppelin IV’ (1971).
- Led Zeppelin went on to become one of the best-selling bands in the United States and released a total of nine studio albums, all of which reached the top 10 of the US Billboard album chart, with six of them reaching the No.1 spot.
- Tragedy struck when the band’s drummer John Bonham died in 1980. The band disbanded, and Page was inconsolable at the loss of his dear friend. For a long time, he refused to touch the guitar.
Led Zeppelin was the recipient of a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005. Led Zeppelin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995 and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2006.
Jimmy Page was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in recognition of his Brazilian charity work for Task Brazil and Action For Brazil’s Children’s Trust in 2005.
As of 2020, Jimmy Page has an estimated net worth of more than $200 million. He has made most of his fortune through his successful music career.
Eventually, he returned to music and started performing again on the stage. During the 1980s he collaborated with bands like the Firm, and the Honeydrippers, and also reunited with the other former bandmates of Led Zeppelin to perform live on a few occasions.
During the 1990s he was deeply involved in remastering the Led Zeppelin catalog. The decade also saw him reuniting with Robert Plant for a performance in MTV’s ‘Unplugged series which was recorded and released as the CD ‘No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded’.