Jeff Bridges Net Worth 2020, Biography, Education, Career and Awards.
Jeff Bridges Net Worth 2020 – Jeff Bridges is an American actor, the owner of the Academic Awards and Golden Globe Awards. Besides many other favorite movies.
Bridges also performed in the cult films Tron and Big Lebowski which failed in hire but influenced the movie production, culture and society greatly.
Jeff Bridges Net Worth
As of 2020, Jeff Bridges has an estimated net worth of more than $75 million. This fortune comes by starting his career at a very young age.
He has successfully appeared in many films and television shows and has also released three albums. He is also an author, photographer, and narrator. Bridges have published many photographs through the book ‘Pictures: Photographs by Jeff Bridges.’
Jeff Bridges is considered one of the most actors in the world. He has been in the entertainment industry for a long period of time. Apart from being an actor and singer, he has also worked for various humanitarian efforts.
Jeff Le Bridges was born in Los Angeles, California, United States, on 4 December 1949. His father was Lloyd Bridges, a popular American film and stage actor, and his mother was Dorothy Bridges, an actress as well as a writer. He had three siblings. However, one of them died as an infant.
His first appearance on screen was when he was hardly two, in the film ‘The Company She Keeps’. Later, during his childhood, he made several appearances in his father’s show ‘Sea Hunt’ which aired from 1958 to 1961.
Bridges grew up in Holmby Hills in Los Angeles. He showed an interest in music during his high school days. In 1967, he completed his graduation from the University High School, after which he enlisted in the Coast Guard Reserves.
He served there for a few years. Later, he went to New York City to learn acting at the Herbert Berghof Studio.
- Jeff Bridges’ first significant work as an adult was as a supporting actor in the 1971 American drama film ‘The Last Picture Show’. The film was directed by Peter Bogdanovich. The film is adapted from a novel of the same name which was written by Larry McMurtry. His performance was widely appreciated, earning him an Academy Award nomination.
- His success landed him important roles in movies such as ‘Fat City’, a 1972 American boxing drama film, ‘The Last American Hero’, a 1973 sports drama film, and ‘Thunderbolt and Lightfoot’, a 1974 American crime film, ‘King Kong’, a well-known 1976 monster thriller film, ‘TRON’, a 1982 American sci-fi film, ‘Kiss Me Goodbye’, a 1982 romantic comedy, and ‘8 Million Ways to Die’, a 1986 American crime film.
- One of his most popular films is the 2000 political drama ‘The Contender’. The film, which was written and directed by Rod Lurie, focused on the Lewinsky scandal, which arose during the Presidency of Bill Clinton. Bridges’ performance in the film earned him a nomination for the Academy Awards for ‘Best Supporting Actor’.
- ’Crazy Heart’, a 2009 American drama, was one of the most significant works of Bridges’ career. The film, which was written and directed by Scott Cooper, was based on a 1987 novel of the same name. Bridges, for his amazing performance in the film, earned the 2009 Academy Award for Best Actor. He was also nominated for several other awards such as the Satellite Award and the BAFTA Award. The movie received mostly positive reviews.
- In 2010, Jeff Bridges earned another Academy Award nomination for his brilliant performance in the film ‘True Grit’. The film is based on a novel of the same name by Charles Portis. Bridges’ played the role of Deputy US Marshall Reuben J Cogburn. The story focuses on a young girl, whose father is killed by an outlaw, and her quest for revenge.
- His recent works include the 2014 social science fiction film ‘The Giver’. The film which is based on a novel by Lois Lowry, starred Bridges along with other actors such as Brenton Thwaites, Odeva Rush, Meryl Streep, and Katie Holmes.
- He did voice acting for the ‘The Little Prince’, a 2015 animated adventure fantasy film, which was directed by Mark Osborne.
Throughout his career, Jeff Bridges has won numerous award and nominations. In 2009, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his brilliant performance in the American drama film ‘Crazy Heart’.
He is one of the co-founders of ‘End Hunger Network,’ and has served as the spokesman for the campaign ‘No Kid Hungry.’ He also supports various environmental causes, including ‘The Amazon Conservation Team.’