Jamie Clayton Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, Marriage and Personal Life
Jamie Clayton Net Worth 2020– When Jamie Clayton moved to New York, she had the intention of becoming a top-notch makeup artist but ended up on TV, co-hosting the debut VH1’s makeover show TRANSform Me.
She later transformed into a full-fledged actress, taking up roles in films and series, however, the part she treasured the most is when she got the chance to portray a transgender female named Nomi Marks in the Netflix original television series Sense8.
Jamie Clayton was born on January 15, 1978, and was raised in San Diego, California. Her father, Howard Clayton, worked as a defense attorney, and her mother, Shelley Clayton, was an event planner.
She grew up with her sister, Toni. Jamie later moved to New York. She had always dreamed of being a makeup artist but had never thought of being an actor.
- Jamie started her career as a makeup artist. At the same time, she also hosted the ‘Vh1’ show ‘TRANSform Me.’ The American reality show premiered on March 15, 2010. It revolved around the makeover of girls by three trans-women stylists.
- In late 2016, she was cast in the Canadian police-procedural TV drama ‘Motive.’ The series garnered around 1.23 million viewers on the day it premiered. Clayton played the role of ‘Avery Bowman’ in an episode titled ‘The Dead Name.’ The concept of the series was quite similar to that of ‘Columbo,’ where the killer and the victim were revealed at the very beginning of the episode and the rest of the plot revolved around chasing the culprit.
- In 2017, Jamie appeared as ‘Edda’ in the British psychological crime thriller ‘The Snowman.’ The film was based on the novel of the same name by Jo Nesbo. The plot of the film narrated the tale of a man and his illegitimate son.
- The same year, Jamie played the role of ‘Dr. Ryan’ in the drama–thriller movie ‘The Chain.’ The film was about a man who was required to kill a person to join an assisted-suicide company
As for who she is married to, the actress is yet to start a relationship with anyone and isn’t married either. She also doesn’t allow the fact that she is a transgender woman to affect her personal life or take a toll on her career. While we are yet to figure out who Clayton is dating at the moment, she doesn’t like to hide her sexuality and the fact that her love interest lies only in men. Besides, it is apparent she gets a lot of attention from the opposite sex.
In 2015, the rumor mill buzzed about the actress and Matrix star Keanu Reeves getting smitten with each other. Though the two remained tight-lipped about the matter, not denying or confirming it, gossip news sites updates revealed that they are indeed an item.
In August 2015, an edition of Star Magazine purported that Keanu Reeves and Jamie Clayton met on the set of The Neon Demon. After getting to know each other for the first time, both allegedly couldn’t get enough of their company.
According to a source who supposedly saw the couple, they went on a date in July 2015 at the Chateau Marmont where they had a good time together. While leaving the restaurant, they looked like the world revolves around them and it appears Keanu doesn’t care that Clayton is a transgender.
Though they are yet to confirm the speculations making the rounds about them, fans of the stars are not hiding their joy, seeing that both of them might end up together.
- Jamie Clayton is a transgender woman, and she never felt the need to hide her real identity. She was never ashamed of her real self and felt proud to be part of the LGBTQ community.
- She is not married to anyone and is attracted to both men and women. It was believed that she once dated ‘Matrix’ star Keanu Reeves, but none of them confirmed their relationship.
Jamie is also a model but is currently working on her acting skills. She does not want people to judge her for what she is and wants them to recognize her for her work.
Jamie Clayton Salary & Net Worth
Jamie Clayton also accumulates an excellent earning out of her acting profession. She has also worked as the makeup artist on VH1‘s first show TRANSform Me. However, she has not yet revealed her actual salary in the media.
According to various social media sources, Jamie has maintained an estimated net worth of over $1 Million. Moreover, Clayton has also made her appearances for the movies The Neon Demon and the thriller film The Snowman.