James Rolfe Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Marital Life.
James Rolfe Net Worth 2020– James Duncan Rolfe is a renowned American actor, filmmaker, video game and film critic, comedian and internet celebrity who gained immense fame for creating and starring in the American comedy retrogaming web series ‘The Angry Video Game Nerd’ (AVGN).
He started off filming reviews of the Nintendo video game at an early age. Initially, he created the Angry Nintendo Nerd videos casually only to be shared and enjoyed among friends.
James Duncan Rolfe was born on July 10, 1980, in Penns Grove, New Jersey, US, to the family of Scott and Marlene Rolfe. He has a younger sister Gina.
As a child, he developed a knack of storytelling taking pictures with his camera and taping them on paper with a narrative about the story of the picture.
He once received an audio recorder as Christmas gift from his parents which later upgraded to a video camera thus leading him to step by step to his passion for filmmaking.
He was an ardent collector of Nintendo Power magazines and was quite motivated by the American animated television series ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ and video games like ‘Super Mario Bros.’, ‘The Legend of Zelda’, and ‘Contra’ that inspired him to create his own adventure stories.
He purchased a Panasonic AG-DVX100 camcorder while in his senior year of college and would awestruck his peers with videos he shot with it. He would also illustrate comic books and keep updating them every month.
- In 1989, he began filming movies that saw him using Mario Paint in some of his initial efforts. He went on to continue such hobby in the early 1990s as well and then attended university to take up hand-drawn animation lessons.
- He would casually create his earliest videos comprising the Nerd character to simply enjoy with friends. The basic concept of the character came to him while attending the University of the Arts of Philadelphia from 1999 to 2004.
- He developed a graveyard in his parent’s garage to shoot the horror-comedy flick ‘The Deader, The Better’ that released through ‘Cinemassacre Productions’ on December 19, 2005. He essayed the role of Zombie in the film that paid tribute to yesteryear horror flick ‘Night of the Living Dead’ (1968).
- After being insisted by Matei, Rolfe uploaded his Nerd videos on April 6, 2006, on the YouTube channel ‘JamesNintendoNerd’ (presently called ‘Cinemassacre’). His character garnered immense mainstream popularity on September 12 that year after his review of ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ burgeoned on YouTube.
- His Nerd videos eventually evolved into popular comedy retrogaming web series with the original character’s name changed from ‘The Angry Nintendo Nerd’ to ‘The Angry Video Game Nerd’ to avoid trademark issues with Nintendo as he also commenced as a game reviewer of other consoles like ‘Atari 2600’ and ‘Sega Genesis’.
- He portrays the title character of ‘The Nerd’ in the series that became a program on ‘GameTrailers’ and ‘ScrewAttack’ in 2007. The character gained such popularity over time that it featured in many other media like films and video games.
- The budget of the ‘Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie’ that was based on the AVGN web series amounted to over US$325,500 and was met totally out of crowdfunding. Rolfe played the title role of the Nerd in the film that saw an online release on September 2, 2014, through video-on-demand.
- Some of the other films featuring him included ‘His Name Was Jason’ (2009), ‘Kickassia’ (2010), ‘To Boldly Flee’ (2012), and ‘Plan 9’ (2015).
- Over the years he has featured in many TV series such as Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness (2007-2016), ‘Board James’ (2009–2013, 2015), ‘OverAnalyzers’ (2011–2012) and ‘James & Mike Mondays’ (2012-present).
He married April Chmura, a cinematographer of his initial Nerd series episodes, in November 2007. Their first daughter was born in April 2013.
The couple is expecting their second daughter, announcement of which was made by Rolfe on April 19, 2017, through his Twitter account.
James Rolfe Net Worth
James Rolfe is an American actor, director, producer, comedian, and writer who has a net worth of $600 thousand dollars.