Hank Azaria Net Worth 2020, Biography, Education, Career and Awards.
Hank Azaria Net Worth 2020 – Henry Albert Azaria, popularly known as Hank Azaria, is an American actor, comedian, and voice actor as well as a producer.
He is best known for his work in the popular animated TV comedy series ‘The Simpsons’ which has been running for nearly thirty years.
Hank Azaria Net Worth
As of November 2020, Hank Azaria has a total net worth of $90 million. The major part of this has come from acting skills and his voice career.
He has worked with several popular personalities. Henry was also a part of one of the popular Hollywood movie “Godzilla”. A report suggests that he used to receive $300,00 amount from a single episode of the Simpsons. He has also earned a lot of money as a writer.
Henry Albert Azaria was born in Queens, New York City, in the United States on 25th April 1964. He is the son of Eastern Sephardic Jewish parents Ruth and Albert Azaria.
His father ran several dress manufacturing businesses. His mother was a homemaker who raised Azaria along with his two sisters. Before her marriage, she used to be a publicist for Columbia pictures.
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1964|
|Spouse||Katie Wright Azaria|
Azaria attended the Kew-Forest School, which was located in Forest Hills. It was at the age of sixteen that he made the decision to become an actor, after taking part in a school play.
Later he attended Tufts University where he studied drama. During this time, he became friends with actor Oliver Platt, and they took part in several productions such as ‘The Merchant of Venice’, the famous play by Shakespeare.
Azaria also attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. However, he wasn’t confident about his acting skills, and though he made the decision to be a professional actor, he didn’t expect much success. Still, he didn’t want to regret having never tried.
- Along with Platt, Hank Azaria set up his own company named Big Theatre. However, they performed only one play, which was ‘The Dumb Waiter’ by Harold Pinter. Later, he realized that a career in TV would provide more opportunities, and so he moved to Los Angeles.
- He made his TV debut in an episode of the American comedy drama series ‘Joe Bash’, which was created by Danny Arnold. However, his role was edited out before the show was broadcast.
- He next appeared in the TV film ‘Nitti: The Enforcer’. Later he appeared in an episode of the comedy series ‘Family Ties’ as well in an episode of ‘Growing Pains’. During this time, he also worked as a standup comedian and a bartender for a catering firm.
- In 1989, he began working in the animated TV series ‘The Simpsons’, for which he started earning much popularity and acclaim. The show focused on an American family living in a fictional town named Springfield. The series was meant to be a parody of the American society and culture. Azaria voiced several characters, such as the town bartender Moe Szyslak and the Bumblebee man.
- Azaria has been working on the show since 1989, and it has proved to be one of the most important and successful works of his career. His performance in the show has won him four Emmy Awards.
- His success in ‘The Simpsons’ earned him several other significant roles. He played a main role in ‘Herman’s Head’, an American comedy which aired from September 1991. Created by Andy Guerdat and Steve Kreinberg, the show ran for three seasons.
- He also played a supporting role in the American comedy series ‘Friends’ which aired from 1994 to 2004. He voiced Eddie Brock/Venom in a few episodes of ‘Spiderman- The Animated Series’, which aired from 1994.
- He made his film debut in the 1990 American romantic comedy ‘Pretty Woman’. Directed by Gary Marshall, the film was a huge commercial hit.
- He played important roles in several films over the years, such as ‘Now and Then’ (1995), ‘Anastasia’ (1997), ‘Great Expectations’ (1998), ‘America’s Sweethearts’ (2001), ‘Shattered Glass’ (2003), ‘The Simpsons Movie’ (2007), ‘Run Fatboy Run’ (2007) and ‘Love and Other Drugs’ (2010).
- Other significant television works by Azaria include his role in the American comedy series ‘Huff’, where he played the lead role. The show aired from 2004 to 2006, covering two seasons. He also played the lead role in another TV series ‘Free Agents’, which aired in 2011.
- Hank Azaria is also known for his role in the popular animated comedy film ‘The Smurfs’ as well as its sequel ‘The Smurfs 2’, released in 2011 and 2013 respectively. Based on the comic book series of the same name, both the films were huge hits.
- Since April 2017, he has been playing the lead role of Jim Brockmire in the American TV comedy series ‘Brockmire’.
Hank Azaria has won a total of six Emmy Awards in his career. He won four of them for his work in ‘The Simpsons’ and the other two for his work in the TV shows ‘Ray Donovan’ and ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ respectively.
Other awards won by him include the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’, and the ‘Annie Award’.