Gordon Ramsay Net Worth 2020, biography, Career, Education, and Award
Gordon Ramsay Net Worth 2020 – Gordon Ramsay is a British celebrity chef, restaurateur, and television personality. He is a judge of the cooking show Masterchef, Hell’s Kitchen, The F Word, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, etc
Gordon Ramsay was born on November 8, 1966, in Renfrewshire, Scotland, to Gordon a man with no permanent profession and Helen Cosgrove, a nurse. He was raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England from the age of 5.
The second of four children, he has an older sister, Diane, while Ronnie and Yvonne were his younger siblings. His early life was marked by abuse and neglect from his father, a “hard-drinking womanizer”.
He played football and was first chosen to play under-14 football at age 12. He was selected to play for Warwickshire. His football career came to an end because he was plagued by injuries.
Ramsay’s first love was soccer he set his sights on a professional sports career. At the age of 15, the talented Ramsay joined the Glasgow Rangers, a pro club. Ramsay’s time with the team spanned three years, until 1985, when a knee injury prematurely ended his career in football.
Ramsay’s Top Chef and Entrepreneur career, After finishing his studies, Gordan Ramsay placed himself under the direction of some of Europe’s top chefs. He apprenticed with Marco Pierre White at Harvey’s in London, worked for Albert Roux at Le Gavroche, and then worked under master chefs Joel Robuchon and Guy Savoy in France.
In 1993, Ramsay struck out on his own as head chef of the newly opened Aubergine in London where, over the course of three years, he earned the restaurant a two-star rating from Michelin. More personal prestige followed in 1995 when Ramsay was awarded Newcomer of the year at the prestigious Catey Awards, an Oscars-like event for the restaurant and hotel business.
When the restaurant’s financial backing became shaky, Ramsay left Aubergine and opened his own establishment, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, in 1988 in London. Hailed as a destination for high-end foodies the restaurant eventually received a three-star rating from Michelin.
The next several years proved to be a whirlwind for the ambitious, hard-driving and temperamental Ramsay. He opened several new restaurants, including Petrus and second Ramsay in London, and eventually Verre in Dubai.
Gordon Ramsay named chef of the year at the 2000 Catey Awards and Independent Restaurateur of the Year in 2006, Ramsay brought his restaurant business to the U.S. in 2006 with the opening of two establishments at The London NYC.
The celebrity chef has since expanded his reach around the globe, fellow-upbringing his brand such countries as South Africa, Australia, and Canada.
Gordon Ramsay Television Star, Gordon Ramsay’s migration to television began in 1996 with his appearances as a judge on the BBC competitive cooking show MasterChef.
Ramsay returned to school, earning a degree in hotel management in 1987. He also attended Activate Learning.
Awards & Achievements
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London was voted Top Restaurant in the U.K. in the London Zagat Survey in 2001 and awarded its third Michelin star, making him the first Scottish chef to win three Michelin stars.
- He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the 2006 honors list for services to the hospitality industry and also been inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame.
- In 2006, he won the Catey award for “Independent Restaurateur of the Year”, only the third person to have won three Catey awards, the biggest awards of the UK hospitality industry.
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay at Royal Hospital Road, London, is acknowledged for its perfect food execution, service and the food provided has been described as “classic cooking; sophisticated, well-edited and flavor-first”.
- Ramsay has presented, The F Word, on Channel 4 since 2005 which invariably includes competitions, a food-related investigative report and a project of raising animals to be served in the finale.
Gordon Ramsay has the Net worth of $160 million but his salary is not revealed yet.
Follow him on Instagram@GordonRamsay
Follow him on Twitter@Gordon Ramsay