Future Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards
Future Net Worth 2020 – Future is one of the hottest American rappers of recent times; he has everything going for him–the fan following, the music, the sound, and the chart-busting albums.
He has been dubbed by Billboard as the ‘Future of the Music’.
And why not, for He officially became the first-ever artist to knock out his own album (FUTURE) from the number 1 spot to replace it with yet another album of his (HNDRXX).
With this, Future became the only musician in the Billboard’s history to ever debut two back-to-back #1 albums.
Biography of Future
Future was born as Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn on November 20, 1983, in Atlanta, Georgia in a family of street hustlers. He attended Columbia High School.
As a child, Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn was one of the members of the musical collective ‘The Dungeon Family’. It was there that he was nicknamed Future, a name that stayed with him for the rest of his life. It was his cousin, Rico Wade who encouraged him to hone his writing skills and make a career out of rapping.
- From early 2010 to 2011, Future released a series of mixtapes titled ‘1000’, ‘Dirty Sprite’ ad ‘True Story’. In September 2011, he signed a major record deal with Epic Records fellow American rapper Rocko’s A1 Recordings.
- On January 15, 2013, Future released the compilation mixtape ‘F.B.G.: The Movie’ which featured artists signed to his Freebandz label including Young Scooter, Slice9, Casino, Mexico Rann, and Maceo. The mixtape was a huge hit (having over 250, 000 downloads on mixtape site DatPiff) and it was certified platinum.
- Between 2014 and 2015, Future came up with three mixtapes, ‘Monster’, ‘Beast Mode’ and ’56 Nights’. Interestingly, all the mixtapes did exceedingly well earning much critical acclaim and appreciation.
- In July 2015, Future came up with his next successful album ‘DS2’. He followed it up with a collaborative mixtape, with Canadian rapper, Drake, titled ‘What a Time to Be Alive’ later in the year.
- The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, Billboard R&B Charts and Billboard Hot Rap Songs thereby making Future the first rapper in more than a decade to have two number one albums in a year. The mixtape alone sold over 334,000 copies in the U.S.
- Other than albums and mixtapes, Future also released several singles certified gold or higher by the RIAA, including ‘Turn On the Lights’, ‘Move That Dope’, ‘Fuck Up Some Commas’, ‘Where Ya At’, ‘Jumpman’, ‘Low Life’ and ‘Mask Off’.
- In February 2017, Future came up with his eponymous fifth studio album. While his fans were soaking in the ecstasy of his new album, Future showered them with yet another new album, his sixth titled ‘HNDRXX’.
- Both the albums went number one consecutively, thereby making Future the first artist to debut two albums at number one at the same time on the Billboard 200 and Canadian Albums Chart.
Ever since his musical career set soar, Future has earned himself a number of nominations in various categories at numerous award functions. Together with Drake, he won the Best Group award at BET Awards in 2016.
Future has won the BET Hip Hop Awards twice, once in 2014 in the category Best Club Banger for ‘Move That Dope’. In 2015, he won the Best Mixtape award for his ’56 Nights’.
Much Music Video Awards presented him with the Best Hip Hop Video award for ‘DnF’ that he shared with P Reign and Drake.
Future Net Worth
Future is an American rap artist who has a net worth of $30 million.
Future, also known as Nayvadius Wilburn and Nayvadius Cash, began writing and rapping on the suggestion of his cousin, Rico Wade, a member of the Dungeon Family collective.