Donatella Versace Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, Personal Life, and Awards.
Donatella Versace Net Worth 2020– Donatella Versace, the younger sister of the famous designer Gianni Versace was his adviser and inspiration while he was a budding designer.
When Gianni Versace started his own fashion company in Milan, she was right there by his side and organized many fashion shows and advertising campaigns. He awarded her with her own diffusion label, ‘Versus’ which produces clothes till today.
Biography of Donatella Versace
Donatella Versace was born in the Italian city of Reggio Calabria as the daughter of a personal financier to the Italian aristocracy. She is the youngest of four children in her family.
In 1977, she enrolled at the Florence University in Italy to pursue languages. She was very close to her brother Gianni who encouraged her passion for fashion.
- Her first collection, attended by a host of celebrities, was a triumph. But in typical Donatella fashion, she credited its success to the seamstresses and models and dedicated the show to her late brother.
- The show became an annual event, with regular guests including Catherine Zeta-Jones, Liz Hurley, Elton John, and even Prince Charles. She began to use well-known models for the catwalk shows, to generate press coverage.
- Several low-key receptions, however, did not deter her. She continued to manage earlier collections, but she believed that she could not just continue with what Gianni was doing.
- In 2002, Gianni and Donatella’s most famously designed Versace clothing was a special exhibit at the historical Victoria and Albert Museum of London to be honored for extraordinary fashion success and symbolism worldwide.
- The company created the grand, luxurious Palazzo Versace resort on the Gold Coast of Australia while the Burj al-Arab, in Dubai boasts a broad collection of Versace furniture and beddings in its lavish rooms.
- Plans for the Palazzo Versace Dubai were announced in May 2005. The Palazzo Versace boasts a number of suites and luxury villas, including an exclusive spa. The hotel interiors are furnished with various Versace collections. As Creative Director, Donatella executed the final plans.
- In 2008, she was made the honorary chairman of London’s ‘Fashion Fringe’. The ‘Fashion Fringe’ was an initiative by fashion writer Colin McDowell and ‘IMG Fashion’ to support emerging designers.
- In 2009, Donatella asked Christopher Kane, the Scottish designer, to revive ‘Versus’. The pair successfully revitalized the brand, making it a major player again on the ‘Fashion Week’ schedule.
- In November 2012, Kane departed from ‘Versus’ as the Italian fashion house planned to completely overhaul the label, ceasing the production of seasonal collections – with a renewed focus on digital.
- JW Anderson, an Irish designer was appointed to create a capsule collection for the ‘Versus’ label, as he’s well versed with the new digital world and therefore, an ideal partner for their new direction.
- She started using pop star Lady Gaga as her muse, and in October 2012, in a much-publicized visit, invited the pop singer to her late brother’s apartment in Milan.
Donatella is married to the American model Paul Beck. They have two children: daughter Allegra and son Daniel Versace.
Maya Rudolph often impersonates her on the show ‘Saturday Night Live’, which airs on the NBC network. In reality, both ladies are good friends.
She was also featured in Lauren Weisberger’s novel, ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ and was also mentioned in the song ‘Gulabi Ankhein’ from the 2012 Bollywood movie, ‘Student of the Year’.
A movie drama called, ‘House of Versace’, was broadcast on ‘Lifetime Network’ in 2013. It presents the chronicles of the Versace family and Gina Gershon portrays the role of Donatella Versace.
In 2007, Donatella Versace was inducted into the ‘Rodeo Drive Walk of Style’. In October that year, pop star Prince presented her with the ‘Fashion Group International Superstar Award’.
In 2010, ‘Versace’ was nominated for the ‘VH1 Do Something With Style Award’ for providing art supplies to children and creating a tote bag, whose proceeds will go to ‘Starlight’ and the ‘ONE Foundations’.
Donatella Versace Net Worth
Donatella Versace is an Italian heiress who has a net worth of $800 million.