Dane Cook Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career and Awards.
Dane Cook Net Worth 2020 – Dane Cook is an American standup comedian and film actor. As a standup comedian, he has a distinct style which can be likened to long-form story telling interspersed with multi meaning phrases, all delivered with a casual attitude.
Dane Cook Net Worth 2020
He credits his parents for his humorous side, inheriting from them eloquence and the ability to talk convincingly on anything.
Dane Cook Net Worth 2020
Dane Cook is an American stand-up comedian and actor who has a net worth of $30 million dollars.
Dane Cook was born on March 18, 1972, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to Donna Jean and George F. Cook. He along with his elder half-brother, Darryl and five sisters was brought up as Roman Catholics in Arlington, Massachusetts.
After graduating from Arlington High School where he overcame shyness by doing standup comedy, he went to college and studied graphic design, but was keen on taking up comedy as a career.
- Dane Cook shifted to New York City and then to Los Angeles and started performing there. His career kick started in 1998, with his appearance on Comedy Central’s ‘Premium Blend’.
- In 2003, he signed a contract with Comedy Central, and soon released his first CD/DVD, ‘Harmful If Swallowed’, which contains his appearances on Comedy Central Presents, Comics Come Home 5, and Premium Blend.
- ‘Retaliation’, his second DVD/CD was released in 2005 which garnered great appreciation from the audience and was certified double platinum.
- In 2005, ‘Vicious Circle’, a live standup comedy special, written, produced and performed by the comedian was aired by HBO and later released on DVD.
- He shot two pilot episodes for his sitcom, ‘Cooked’, in 2005, but the project did not find any takers. The two completed episodes were eventually released on DVD as ‘The Lost Pilot Episodes’.
- In 2006, he was cast in a leading role of the movie, ‘Employee of the Month’, co-starring Jessica Simpson and Dax Shepard. Poorly received by critics, the movie failed on the box office too.
- ‘Tourgasm’, a documentary based on the 30-day 20-shows tour with his friends Robert Kelly, Gary Gulman and Jay Davis was aired on HBO in 2006.
- He starred in ‘Mr. Brooks’, a 2007 psychological thriller film, alongside Kevin Costner, Demi Moore, and William Hurt, as the inquisitive Mr. Smith who blackmails ‘Mr. Brooks’ using photographs of the crime.
- In 2007, he played the role of a dentist in the romantic comedy film, ‘Good Luck Chuck’, which also starred Jessica Alba. Trashed by the critics, the film did well at the box office.
- In 2008, he, along with Robert Kelly and Al Del Bene, went to Iraq to entertain the American troops stationed there. He was the Headliner, Kelly, the Feature, and Del Bene, the Emcee.
- In 2010, he gave auditions for the part of ‘Captain America’, for the movie ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’.
- He also lent his voice to the character, ‘Dusty Crophopper’ in the animated film, ‘Planes’ in 2013. He reprised his role as Dusty in the 2014 sequel ‘Planes: Fire & Rescue’.
In 2000, Cook won the Pixie Award for the Best Actor in an ‘i-feature film’ for ‘Spiral’.
Nominated for four successive years for the ‘Teen Choice Award’, in the ‘Choice Comedian’ category, he won the award in 2007. Aired annually on Fox TV, the awards are based on votes by teenagers.