Conor McGregor Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Conor McGregor Net Worth 2020 – Conor McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist who is currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He is presently the UFC Lightweight Champion and former UFC Featherweight Champion.
Over the course of his career, he has competed as a featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight participant. Also a skilled professional boxer, he has achieved most of his victories due to knockouts or technical knockouts via punches.
He started his mixed martial arts (MMA) career in 2008, and within a few years, he won two titles—Cage Warriors Featherweight and Lightweight Championships, which he held simultaneously before he vacated them to sign with UFC. He is known for being the biggest pay-per-view draw in MMA history, and he lives an extravagant lifestyle.
Conor McGregor was born on July 14, 1988, in Crumlin, Dublin, to Tony and Margaret McGregor. He has two sisters—Erin and Aoife.
When Conor was 12, he began training in boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club under Phil Sutcliffe. During this period, he developed a passion for football as well and played for a local club.
When he was 18, his family moved to Lucan, Dublin, where he attended an Irish-speaking school. Here he met future UFC fighter Tom Egan, and they started taking training in mixed martial arts (MMA).
- On February 17, 2007, Conor McGregor made his debut in MMA for the Irish Ring of Truth in Dublin. It was an amateur fight against Kieran Campbell in which McGregor emerged victoriously. Following his victory, he was signed by the Irish Cage of Truth.
- The following year, he started training under John Kavanagh at the Straight Blast Gym. He is left-handed and fights out of the Southpaw stance, but uses conventional stances as well.
- Between 2011 and 2012, he won both the CWFC Featherweight and Lightweight championships, which made him the first European professional MMA to hold titles in two divisions simultaneously.
- On September 27, 2014, after Conor signed a second multi-fight contract with UFC, he faced Dustin Poirier at UFC 178 and won the fight. It was Poirier’s first UFC loss, and Conor earned his second ‘Performance of the Night’ award.
- Finally, Conor faced Aldo at UFC 194 on December 12, 2015, in Las Vegas in front of a record-breaking number of spectators. The event broke all previous records for an MMA event in the US. The fight was over in a very short time and was declared the fastest finish in any UFC bout, making Conor the second undisputed UFC Featherweight Champion in history. He won his fifth “Performance of the Night” award.
- A rematch with Diaz took place in August 2016. The bout was contested at welterweight, at UFC 202. Conor won the rematch and was awarded “Fight of the Night” honors. On November 12, 2016, at UFC 205, Conor won against Eddie Alvarez at the UFC Lightweight Championship.
- After winning the Lightweight Championship at UFC 205, Conor took time off from UFC, as the birth of his first child was due on May 2017. He also wanted to campaign for a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.
- Conor McGregor has many feathers in his cap. He has won several championships like the Cage Warriors Fighting Championship, CWFC Featherweight Championship, CWFC Lightweight Championship, and Ultimate Fighting Championship. With UFC, he has claimed UFC Featherweight Championship, UFC Lightweight Championship, and more. Besides innumerable Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night, and Performance of the Night awards, he was the Sherdog Fighter of the Year in 2015 and 2016.
- On November 30, 2016, he received a professional boxing license from California State Athletic Commission.
Conor McGregor has an estimated net worth of $35 million.