Conor McGregor Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Conor McGregor Net Worth 2020 – Conor McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist who is currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
He is presently the UFC Lightweight Champion and former UFC Featherweight Champion.
Over the course of his career, he has competed as a featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight participant.
Also a skilled professional boxer, he has achieved most of his victories due to knockouts or technical knockouts via punches.
Conor McGregor was born on July 14, 1988, in Crumlin, Dublin, to Tony and Margaret McGregor. He has two sisters—Erin and Aoife.
When Conor was 12, he began training in boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club under Phil Sutcliffe. During this period, he developed a passion for football as well and played for a local club.
When he was 18, his family moved to Lucan, Dublin, where he attended an Irish-speaking school. Here he met future UFC fighter Tom Egan, and they started taking training in mixed martial arts (MMA).
- Now Conor was expected to face Aldo at UFC 189 for UFC Featherweight Championship. UFC spent huge money promoting the Aldo-McGregor fight. But suddenly, it was reported that Aldo had suffered a rib fracture and had pulled out of the fight. Conor was rescheduled to face Chad Mendes for the Interim Featherweight Championship.
- Conor and Mendes faced each other in front of a record crowd of 16,019 spectators. It was another victory for Conor and his fourth “Performance of the Night” award.
- Finally, Conor faced Aldo at UFC 194 on December 12, 2015, in Las Vegas in front of a record-breaking number of spectators. The event broke all previous records for an MMA event in the US. The fight was over in a very short time and was declared the fastest finish in any UFC bout, making Conor the second undisputed UFC Featherweight Champion in history. He won his fifth “Performance of the Night” award.
- Next Conor McGregor was supposed to face Rafael dos Anjos for the UFC Lightweight Championship. But dos Anjos withdrew from the fight after breaking his foot. Many competitors were asked to step-in to face Conor. Finally, former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger Nate Diaz agreed to face Conor.
- The bout began with Conor shifting stances, before establishing his signature left the cross. He showcased a variety of kicks but was forced to the cage by Diaz. Conor landed 28 to Diaz’s 23 strikes. Several times Diaz wobbled Conor. At 4:12, Conor gave in to the submission. It was Conor’s first loss in the UFC, and his third overall. Both were awarded “Fight of the Night” bonuses, and Conor received the highest purse of any fighter in the history of the company, a total of $1,000,000.
- A rematch with Diaz took place in August 2016. The bout was contested at welterweight, at UFC 202. Conor won the rematch and was awarded “Fight of the Night” honors. On November 12, 2016, at UFC 205, Conor won against Eddie Alvarez at the UFC Lightweight Championship.
- After winning the Lightweight Championship at UFC 205, Conor took time off from UFC, as the birth of his first child was due on May 2017. He also wanted to campaign for a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.
Conor McGregor has many feathers in his cap. He has won several championships like the Cage Warriors Fighting Championship, CWFC Featherweight Championship, CWFC Lightweight Championship, and Ultimate Fighting Championship.
With UFC, he has claimed UFC Featherweight Championship, UFC Lightweight Championship, and more.
Besides innumerable Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night, and Performance of the Night awards, he was the Sherdog Fighter of the Year in 2015 and 2016.
On November 30, 2016, he received a professional boxing license from California State Athletic Commission.
Conor McGregor Net Worth
Conor McGregor is an Irish professional fighter who has a net worth of $110 million.