Calvin Harris Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Relationship
Calvin Harris Net Worth 2020– Calvin Harris is a DJ, songwriter, singer, producer of Scottish descent, who became world-famous after the release of the debut album I Created Disco, certified gold in the United Kingdom.
Harris also produced the songs of Kylie Minogue, Rihanna, rapper Dizzee Rascal. Calvin Harris is the face of Armani.
Biography of Calvin Harris
Calvin Harris was born Adam Richard Wiles on January 17, 1984, in Dumfries, Scotland, to biochemist David Wiles and his wife Pamela as their youngest son among three children.
He grew up in Dumfries with an older brother, Edward, and older sister, Sophie, and studied at the ‘Dumfries High School’. As a teenager, he developed an interest in electronic music and began to record bedroom demos in 1999.
He went on to release two songs through the Prima Facie label in 2002. After a short and unsuccessful stint in London, he returned to Dumfries and developed solo recordings at home and posted them on his ‘Myspace’ page.
Gradually, he garnered attention in Myspace and got noticed by talent booker, Mark Gillespie, who signed Harris with his own newly founded company.
Family of Calvin Harris
He was born Adam Richard Wiles in Dumfries, Scotland and raised with an older brother and older sister. He began making musical tracks while he was living with his parents. From 2015 to 2016, he dated country star, Taylor Swift. He also previously dated pop star Rita Ora and model Aarika Wolf.
- In 2006, he signed a contract with ‘Sony BMG’, ‘EMI’ and ‘Three Six Zero Group’. Later that year, he generated a remix of the single ‘Rock Steady’ originally by English-Canadian girl group ‘All Saints’ ’.
- On June 15, 2007, his first studio album ‘I Created Disco’ released via ‘Columbia Records’. He singlehandedly wrote, produced and performed all its 14 tracks. It debuted at #8 on UK Albums Chart and climbed atop UK Dance Albums. British Phonographic Industry (BPI) gave it gold certification on May 23, 2008.
- His collaboration with rapper Dizzee Rascal saw him produce the latter’s song ‘Dance with Me’ where he also sang the hook. The single that released on June 22, 2008, climbed atop the UK Singles Chart holding the position for four weeks in a row.
- On August 14, 2009, ‘Columbia Records’ released his second studio album ‘Ready for the Weekend’ that debuted at #I on the UK Albums Charts. He wrote, sang and produced 11 out of its 14 tracks.
- He continued his successful collaboration with Dizzee Rascal that saw him produce the latter’s single ‘Holiday’ on August 23, 2009. The song that he originally wrote for the girl group, ‘The Saturdays’, and rejected by them, reached atop the UK Singles Chart.
- The lead single of ‘Ready for the Weekend’ titled ‘I’m Not Alone’, debuted t number one on the UK Singles Chart. The album received a gold certification from BPI. The perceivable similarity of the song with that of October 2010 released Chris Brown’s hit single ‘Yeah 3x’ forced Harris to receive writing credit for the latter.
- ‘You Used to Hold Me’, the fourth and the last single of ‘Ready for the Weekend’ that released on February 8, 2010, became the last song he sang as a regular singer for his own efforts. From 2011 he started concentrating more on producing music while vocals of his songs were contributed by guest singers.
In 2013, Calvin Harris started dating Rita Ora, but a year later the musician already appeared without his girlfriend at social events.
For a while, the DJ had relationships with English singer Ellie Goulding, but they soon broke up. In 2015, the DJ officially became the boyfriend of American Taylor Swift, who was also a famous pop star.
The musicians were even recognized as the highest-paid couple of the year, as the total lovers’ income was estimated at $ 146 million.
Calvin and Taylor’s photos regularly appeared on the pages of fashion magazines. The love affair lasted until 2016 when the young people announced the end of their relations on the accounts of social networks.