Bow Wow Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career, and Awards.
Bow Wow Net Worth 2020 – Bow Wow (Shad Gregory Moss) is a popular Rap Artist, record producer, TV host, and actor.
He was initially known in the mainstream by his pseudonym Lil’ Bow Wow till 2003 after which he started to use the name Bow Wow in his albums.
He developed a strong liking to melodic tunes especially the rap genre of music from a tender age of three years.
Bow Wow Net Worth
Bow Wow is an American rapper and actor who has a net worth of $1.5 million. The biggest change in his life came when he attended the Chronic Tour in 1993 where eminent rappers like Snoop Dog and Dr. Dre were performing.
Shad was called to perform on stage from among the audience and he very enthusiastically displayed his rapping skills.
Bow Wow was born Shad Gregory Moss on 9th March 1987 in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, and raised in nearby Reynoldsburg.
His biological father, Alfonso Preston Moss, abandoned the family and Shad never saw him since his birth.
Bow Wow was raised by his mother, Teresa Rena Caldwell (ne’e Jones), and stepfather, Rodney Caldwell, along with his stepsisters, Erica and Jasarah.
His mother is a hairstylist and his stepfather is a practicing lawyer in Houston, Texas.
His mother was very supportive of his passion for music and she started to take him to talent competitions around his hometown when he was 5 years of age.
He thus started to perform as a rapper by the name ‘Kid Gangsta’.
- Lil Bow Wow (aged 13) released his debut album titled ‘Beware of Dog’ in 2000 which became a massive hit with record sales of more than 3 million copies till 2009. The album included hit songs like ‘Bounce With Me’ featuring R&B group Xscape, ‘Ghetto Girls’ and ‘Puppy Love’ with Jagged Edge. The song in collaboration with Snoop Dogg titled ‘Bow Wow (That’s My Name)’ entered Billboard Hot 100 chart and received double-platinum certifications from the RIAA. The album reached the top 10th position on Billboards 200 charts.
- Following his first album’s commercial success, he released his second album titled ‘Doggy Bag’ in 2002 with So So Deff label. This album has sold 1.1 million copies in the US to date and also received Platinum certifications from RIAA while reaching 11th position on Billboard 200 and 2ndposition in Top R&B/ Hip Hop Albums charts. It included hit songs like ‘Thank You’ and ‘Take Ya Home’ including his ‘Basketball’ song that featured in the soundtrack of his film ‘Like Mike’.
- Shad at 16 years dropped his ‘Lil’ stage name, joined Columbia Records leaving So So Deff, and released his next album entitled ‘Unleashed’ in 2003 and it reached to top 3 in Billboard 200 and achieved Gold certification. The single of the album ‘Let’s Get Down’ featuring Birdman peaked at 14th position on Billboard Hot 100 and 6th on Hot Rap Tracks. In the making process of this album, Shad composed and played the role of executive producer and used more contemporary sounds.
- The rapper’s fourth album ‘Wanted’ released in 2005 with Sony Urban Music/Columbia label and received Platinum certification. The songs titled ‘Let Me Hold You’ in collaboration with Omarion and ‘Like You’ featuring his then-girlfriend Ciara secured top positions on Billboard Hot Rap Tracks and Billboard 200 proving his potential as a rapper and sold nearly 1 million copies in the US .
- Bow next released his fifth album titled ‘The Prince of Fame’ in late 2006 which included songs like ‘Shortie Like Mine’, ‘Outta My System’ and ‘I’m a Flirt’. This album received Gold certification, charted at 6th position on US Billboard 200 and sold over 262 thousand copies in the first week.
- Bow Wow in collaboration with singer Omarion next released an album titled ‘Face Off’ in 2007 and it received a gold certification and sold over 107 thousand copies in the first week.
- His recent album ‘New Jack City II’ was released in 2009 and it secured 16th position in the US Billboard 200. It featured stars like Nelly, Soulja Boy, T.I, T-Pain, Trey Songz and was given a parental advisory label for its adult content.
- Between 2009 to 2016, Bow released several mixtapes like ‘Greenlight’3, 4 and 5, ‘I’m Better Than You’ and latest ‘Ignorant Shit’. He also released a compilation album titled ‘The Very Best of Bow Wow’ in 2010. All of them faired pretty well and made him a popular rap artist.
- Bow Wow won the BET viewer’s choice award in 2001 and Billboard Music Award for Rap Single of the Year for his ‘Bow Wow (That’s My Name)’.
- As Lil Bow, he won the favorite male singer prize given by Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards in 2001.