Balthazar Getty Net Worth 2020, Biography, Career and Marital Life.
Balthazar Getty Net Worth 2020 – Paul Balthazar Getty is an actor from America known for his role in the series ‘Charmed.’ He is also a musician, presently affiliated with the indie rock band Ringside and rap duo The Wow.
As a member of the popular Getty family, Balthazar was born into affluence. He is the great-grandson of J. Paul Getty, founder of Getty Oil, who was once one of the richest men in the world.
Born on January 22, 1975, in Tarzana, California, Balthazar is the son of late John Paul Getty III and German-born professional photographer and documentary filmmaker Gisela (née Schmidt).
He is part of the prominent Getty family. Industrialist J. Paul Getty was his great-grandfather. Getty’s third son, Sir John Paul Getty Jr., was Balthazar’s grandfather.
In July 1973, while he was residing in Rome, Italy, Balthazar’s father, John Paul Getty III, was kidnapped. His kidnappers asked for a $17 million ransom.
Getty Jr. reached out to his father for the money but Getty refused, stating that his other grandchildren would become targets for kidnappers if he paid for the release of John Paul Getty III.
- Balthazar Getty began his acting career as a young performer in a 1989 episode of ‘Nightmare Classics’. He made his cinematic debut in the 1990 film adaptation of British author William Golding’s 1954 book ‘Lord of the Flies’.
- Upon its release, the film received mixed reviews from the critics but was a moderate success at the box office and has since accumulated a cult following. Balthazar garnered much praise for his acting in the film and was nominated for the Young Artist Award for the Best Young Actor Starring in a Motion Picture in 1991.
- In the subsequent years, he has portrayed various characters in films like ‘Young Guns II’ (1990), ‘Natural Born Killers’(1994), ‘Judge Dredd’ (1995), ‘Mr. Holland’s Opus’ (1996), ‘White Squall’ (1996), ‘Lost Highway’ (1997), ‘Big City Blues’ (1997), ‘The Center of the World’ (2001), ‘Deuces Wild’ (2002), ‘Ladder 49’ (2004), ‘Feast’ (2005), ‘Big Sur’ (2012), ‘The Judge’ (2014), and ‘Horror’ (2015).
- Balthazar is one of the few child actors who have made a successful transition into stardom as an adult. While he has been active on the big screen, he has gained more recognition for his TV roles. In 2004, he appeared in the USA Network’s miniseries ‘Traffic’.
- That year, he also played Richard Montana, the love interest of Paige Matthews (Rose McGowan) in the season seven of ‘Charmed’. In the fifth season of the Jennifer Garner starrer ‘Alias’, he was cast as Agent Thomas Grace.
- He worked with his ‘Alias’ co-star Ron Rifkin in ‘Brothers & Sisters’ as well. He was a member of the main cast in the first three seasons of the show but did not appear in all episodes of the last two seasons. In 2017, he played the recurring character Red in the third season of ‘Twin Peaks’.
Balthazar grew up in San Francisco but relocated to Elgin to attend Gordonstoun School. He married fashion designer Rosetta Millington and has four children with her: three daughters, Grace, Violet, and June Catherine, and a son, Cassius Paul.
Balthazar Getty is an American film actor and singer who has a net worth of $250 million, As of 2020. Eventually, Getty paid about $2.9 million for the release of his grandson but by that time, Getty III was suffering from pneumonia and had developed an allergy to antibiotics.
Furthermore, the kidnappers had cut off one of his ears to prove to the family that he was indeed kidnapped.
After his return, John Paul Getty III faced various issues in getting back to a normal life. He became addicted to both drugs and alcohol, and these addictions later led to a stroke and partial disability. He and Schmidt divorced in 1993. John Paul Getty III passed away in February 2011 at the age of 54.